Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events June Meet-up for Adelaide Flying Solo – and for the rest of 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Word
    • Total posts: 109
    Up
    ::

Okay, so following my discussion with Philippa, here the schedule for the rest of 2013.

We will be meeting on the

first Tuesday of each month
    Hackney Hotel (95 Hackney Road), at 10:00.

To register your attendance, you can join the Facebook group for Flying Solo members in Adelaide: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369935219750973/

Or reply here, or just turn up.

No fee, buy your own drinks, parking is easy, and the networking is fun and supportive.

Hope this new plan helps people put this in theiir calendars for the rest of the year.

[Any objections? Feel free to put your case, and if you can convince people to change then that’s fine, but we’re trying this for now and seeing how it goes.]

This thread can now stay to cover all the remaining meet-ups for 2013.

See you all there!

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

The advantages of being the one organised enough to set these up – you can pick a the place closest to you.

:P

Nicole

Word
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 160052 wrote:
    The advantages of being the one organised enough to set these up – you can pick a the place closest to you.

:P

Nicole

Yes indeed Nicole, and both Philippa and I are more than happy to be knocked of this pedestal by someone with more energy and vision for these meetings :)

Meanwhile I think it is really the quality of people that are attending that is making these the fun, supportive and even educational meet-ups they have been.

May these long continue!

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

I’m out on June 4. Having minor day surgery which will have me out of action next week, so I expect to be a tad busy early June

Have fun!

Word
    Up

Sorry to hear you needed surgeons Nicole, and hope it all goes very smoothly and your recovery is quick.

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

Thanks Martin – it’s no biggee. I am almost looking forward to the excuse to lay around in my PJs for a few days afterwards :)

Philippa
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

Well, I wasn’t going to be able to get there but work got cancelled so I can make it this time!

See you all there.

Philippa

Word
    Up

Cancelled doesn’t sound so good – but look forward to seeing you there Philippa!

Philippa
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

It’s really just that I’m not required, so no problem.

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

Hope you all had a good time on Tuesday – sorry I couldn’t make it. Guessing the next one in July 2…hope I can make it (although it is the week before school hols and I tend to be flat out trying to get things sorted so i am not working all holidays!)

Fingers crossed

Nicole

Word
    Up

Hope the PJs are keeping you toasty warm!

And yes, I’ve just set up a the July event on the FB page for invites.

We only had 6 people at the June meeting so maybe this set date thingy isn’t such a good idea. Or maybe it’s just EOFY or winter :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi all,

Just to confirm, will the next one be 2nd July? If you can please help by updating the thread with the details of the upcoming event, we’ll give it a plug for you and see if we can entice some folk away from their desks.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Word
    Up

Hi Jane,

Yes July 2nd, and 10am at the Hackney Hotel – and we have it ‘announced’ as an event on the FlyingSolo FB events page.

Next ones for the diary are:
    Aug 6
    Sep 3
    Oct 1
    Nov 5
    Dec 3

Whatever help you can be for finding people who might value coming along is great Jayne.

Thanks.

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up
    Word, post: 163545 wrote:
    Hi Jane,

Yes July 2nd, and 10am at the Hackney Hotel – and we have it ‘announced’ as an event on the FlyingSolo FB events page.

Next ones for the diary are:
    Aug 6
    Sep 3
    Oct 1
    Nov 5
    Dec 3

Whatever help you can be for finding people who might value coming along is great Jayne.

Thanks.

Just FYI – Oct 1 is school holidays, which can sometimes be awkward for a lot of people…

Cheers

Nicole

Word
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 163693 wrote:
    Just FYI – Oct 1 is school holidays, which can sometimes be awkward for a lot of people…

Cheers

Nicole

I hadn’t noticed that Nicole. The next week is also school holidays so I don’t see a good way to change this one.

Anyone else have a comment?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.