Home – New Forums Other discussions Just a Good Laugh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

Ever attended a Trade show, and talked for hours with people you hadnt seen for a few years then accompanied some of your friends to a seminar.
    Listened intently to the speaker, then was asked to get up and say a few words on the subject by the presenter.
    OK thats not funny, well I Listened intently to the speaker but couldnt hear any thing that was said, then asked to get up and say a few words only I didnt hear him.
    Talk about upsetting a few people, causing the speaker to acuse me of not listening to what he had said, roar of laughter when I replied ‘what did you say’.

Fortunately I had heard his presentation several months before, and at that time I had preceeded him in giving an emotional powerful presentation that stunned the audience.

This time I was totally unprepared. He had seen me in the audience and after he had finnished speaking thought it would be a good idea to have me on stage.

Ever had to think on your feet without notes and hold the audience enthrawled. Well that is exactly what happened. I actually called them the most dissapointing bunch of people that I had ever met and from then on they listened to everthing I had to say even taking notes.

Well it was all caused by a malfunctioning hearing aid. It is interesting tio see lips move and not hear the sound, and that will teach me to go to seminars when I know the presenter really well.

Must admit it was a good laugh.

I admit also that I am usually very nervous when ever I have had to get up and speak before but yesterday I think the ME did the talking because I enjoyed every minute of the experience.

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Patrick, good on you – lucky it happened to you and not someone else. You have such a quick thinking mind!

Glad it turned out for the best!
    Jayne

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    Burgo, post: 17216 wrote:
    Listened intently to the speaker, then was asked to get up and say a few words on the subject by the presenter.
    OK thats not funny,

No, that’s not fun!! But well done….I’m sure you wowed them….

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

well done Burgo, talk about a way to make an entrance :-)

Kev

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.