Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Just A Quick G’Day!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    healthadvocate
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

So just wanted to pop in and say hi :)

I actually joined this forum as I am looking into using either a company like ‘Letter Box Deals’ to promote a $10 coupon code for the world’s largest and most reputable natural health product store… or by doing the same and doing a solo mailing with Australia Post undressed mail… so my main thing is to learn about direct mail and postcard marketing for now and then take it from there.

Cheers!

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Welcome… Why have you chosen to go for letterbox style promotions?

One thing to be aware of is that letterbox style promos will have a very low conversion rate.

healthadvocate
    Up
    Octopus Labs, post: 188537 wrote:
    Welcome… Why have you chosen to go for letterbox style promotions?

One thing to be aware of is that letterbox style promos will have a very low conversion rate.

Just like to test some offline marketing… there’s so much going on online these days that i feel a ‘back to basics’ approach would convert quiet well… especially since most people buy some sort of organic or natural product these days (such as herbal toothpaste, supplements, etc…), giving them free money to try on an online store that is already on average 50% cheaper than what they can buy the same or equivalent product for at the shops or anywhere else for that matter.

I’m just not sure if i should buy targeted lists (such as people who have bought supplements online within the last 12 months type of thing)… buy into deals newsletters where people have opted in to receive deals via mail… or just send out undressed mail via the Australia post bulk mail program.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi healthadvocate,

It’s nice to meet you :)

To help us all get to know you better, we recommend adding your name and other details to your forum signature. We’re all very friendly around here and knowing your name helps people feel comfortable with you and makes them more inclined to offer their advice.

Good luck with your marketing campaign,
    Jayne

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi, healthavocate, I like you thinking that offline direct mail marketing can still work if written correctly to the right target market.

I’m just not sure if i should buy targeted lists (such as people who have bought supplements online within the last 12 months type of thing)…

If you can get a list like this, I would recommend you get it straight away as this would be the best target market you could find. A coupon to purchase backed with a money back guarantee should have a good conversation rate. But once again, it all comes down to how the letter is structured…

healthadvocate
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 188570 wrote:
    Hi healthadvocate,

It’s nice to meet you :)

To help us all get to know you better, we recommend adding your name and other details to your forum signature. We’re all very friendly around here and knowing your name helps people feel comfortable with you and makes them more inclined to offer their advice.

Good luck with your marketing campaign,
    Jayne

Thanks Jayne… feel free to call me Jacob :)

healthadvocate
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 188572 wrote:
    Hi, healthavocate, I like you thinking that offline direct mail marketing can still work if written correctly to the right target market.

I’m just not sure if i should buy targeted lists (such as people who have bought supplements online within the last 12 months type of thing)…

If you can get a list like this, I would recommend you get it straight away as this would be the best target market you could find. A coupon to purchase backed with a money back guarantee should have a good conversation rate. But once again, it all comes down to how the letter is structured…

There are plenty of lists like that :) I’m thinking a simple postcard type mailing though as it’s not a complex offer that requires too much thought… people will either resonate with the offer and take advantage of it… leave it on their fridge for a later date when they are re-stocking their supplements… or pass it onto someone they know that would benefit… or simply chuck it :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.