Home – New Forums Other discussions Just an odd topic – what is a word you enjoy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi Peeps,

Again, just to throw a little diversionary tactic to your otherwise busy schedule.. Am curious if you have a word or a couple of words that intrigue you and you enjoy using.. Words that you struggle to use alternates to in order to sum up what you are describing or how you are deploying them??

Let me start… i have 2 awesome words that i personally enjoy for various reasons….

The first is sycophant: The why is from my Year 9 English teacher who was an awesome giant of a man who everyone thought was square and uniform – wore suits/ties to public school and very stern individual.. throughout our Year 9 he wrote a word a day we had to learn, forced us to and over the Year opened dialogue with us and we explained our thoughts and beliefs through the words he taught us… Over time, we changed as did he.. He began to wear blundstones + jeans and lightened up a little.. Was probably the most memorable moments from school…

And the second is vexing: am sure the story behind this is far less intriguing with its origins, i am sure, coming from a movie i watched many years ago and once i heard this word i never knew how i spoke without it :)

Look forward to any replies that may, or may not, come from this.

Hope everyone is well

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Shenanigans

and

Haberdashery

Both just roll of the tongue.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Knucklehead

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Amazeballs

Wendy :)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

You are great Jason

Conniption is one of mine just sums up some peoples reactions

Michelle – Identity Shop
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Mine are ‘wacko’ and ‘giddy-up’! :D

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Ah, what a fun distraction Jason :)

My long time favourite is onomatopoeia… but sadly I don’t get to use it very often.

Others include discombobulated, nonsense, and the phrase “I’ll just put the kettle on”.

Cheers,
    Jayne

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 209485 wrote:
    Ah, what a fun distraction Jason :)

My long time favourite is onomatopoeia… but sadly I don’t get to use it very often.

Others include discombobulated, nonsense, and the phrase “I’ll just put the kettle on”.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Great word Jayne,

Mind you i had to look it up :( LOL ..

Cuckoo
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 209458 wrote:
    You are great Jason

Conniption is one of mine just sums up some peoples reactions

LOL, awesome word.. i reckon i could use this one daily.. probably not on the excitement factor, although kids make it easier, more on the anger side of the table with some.. LOL

Cheers
    Jason

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Michelle – Identity Shop, post: 209465 wrote:
    Mine are ‘wacko’ and ‘giddy-up’! :D

Hey Michelle

Love Wacko, although always goes with Wacko Jacko in my head tiered to both Mark Jackson and Michael Jackson for 2 very different reasons.. LOL

Jason

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 209408 wrote:
    Shenanigans

and

Haberdashery

Both just roll of the tongue.

Oh boy, shenanigans… you a previous private school boy young man? LOL

Jason

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Jason,

Thanks for adding this, interesting topic! And is that new business venture from you that I spy?

Some great words around. Personally, I can’t go past the word ‘crisp’, particularly if I see it on a menu! I’ll pretty much be guaranteed to order crispy anything.

Also, I thought this topic rang a bell, and I dug up a good discussion from a few years back ‘What’s your favourite word?

Matt – I see Haberdashery is a long-time favourite of yours :)

Cheers,
    Peter

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Jayne – discombobulated is definitely one of my faves!

And this one is another :)

http://fsolo.co/1wIHi3P

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 209618 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for adding this, interesting topic! And is that new business venture from you that I spy?

Some great words around. Personally, I can’t go past the word ‘crisp’, particularly if I see it on a menu! I’ll pretty much be guaranteed to order crispy anything.

Also, I thought this topic rang a bell, and I dug up a good discussion from a few years back ‘What’s your favourite word?

Matt – I see Haberdashery is a long-time favourite of yours :)

Cheers,
    Peter

Hi Peter

Hadnt seen that post, maybe i replied :), but cant recall it.. will read through it later… To go into why i posted it a little more, i bumped into my old English School teacher not too long ago so his method of teaching these words in this way sort of stuck with me a little so i was curious..

Re venture, you know i dont say much about moi :o, although after getting a little frustrated recently looking into this and with some past experience in 3PL we are pursuing this.. Its a little funny actually, as we have 3 ‘clients’ we already do this for that have come our way from previous contacts and sort of just married it into our existing premise, but this equation is shifting and will become our focus.

Be well, head to lunch shortly as i am sure you will find something on the right side of crisp!

Jason

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hope you enjoyed your crispy noodle salad lunch!

Sounds good with the new venture. Some of the best businesses seem to evolve organically based on customer need/demand (rather than trying to find a market for a new idea) so I’m sure it will be a success.

Look forward to hearing how things develop.

Getting close to lunchtime for me too :)

Cheers
    Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.