Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Just found out that Flying Solo has a 1st page too.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    ::

Not sure how I managed to miss this until now:
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/members/list/

This is a list of all forum members ranked by number of posts, it is very funny to go over the first page. So many people that I (almost) never met and still they all look so familiar.

I am on page 2! I wonder if I can outsource my flying solo forum posts to get to page 1 LOL

I think we should get the infotainer back…

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    nominal, post: 115466 wrote:
    I think we should get the infotainer back…

I miss David :(

Wendy :)

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I hadn’t seen that page before either… good find!!

(Watch out Wendy, I’m coming for your ranking! hehe) -PS. How come you guys get your picture on the list and I don’t? :(

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 115474 wrote:
    -PS. How come you guys get your picture on the list and I don’t? :(

Now that I need 25 posts to get to page one… I will help you :-)

When you log on to the forums there is a control panel on the left hand side of the menu. Within it there is an Avatar section where you can link to an image or upload an image. The image must be 80/80px

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks Uri, and nice picture, btw!

Jacqui, please give me a holler if you need any help with this. We’d love to see your smiling face on the forum too :)

Jayne

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Thanks Nominal! Hopefully responding to my post got you one step closer to page 1 :)

Thanks for your offer to help too Jayne :)

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

This is one amazing find Uri

On page 13 we leave the people who have made at least 30 posts and hit the sub 30s… there’s 793 pages of them

It looks like there’s a smaller dedicated bunch of people here… thank you to all of you

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

PAGE 8 :) I have a way to go :P

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 115498 wrote:
    This is one amazing find Uri

On page 13 we leave the people who have made at least 30 posts and hit the sub 30s… there’s 793 pages of them

It looks like there’s a smaller dedicated bunch of people here… thank you to all of youThat is very true.

There are currently 46,420 members on Flying Solo. I wonder how many are active members…

A very real challenge is for Flying Solo to encourage these members to engage with the community and contribute.

The amount of people who post in the new members sub and are never heard of again is staggering.

The amount of Solists in Australia is also limited. We are a small country, and as Flying solo is focused on Australia only, there is only a small (relative of course) group of people who will ever feel the need to join, and a even smaller group of people who feel the need (or want) to contribute.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

I refer people to Flying Solo who might never start their own business, it’s a good way to get a decent understanding of the things you need to know and to know whether you have what it takes. I’d be very surprised if most of them actually do start up.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi all,

A very interesting thread going on here! We’re always looking for better ways to encourage people to engage and participate (indeed that’s what separates a community from general content sites).

We’ve done a fair bit of research on this topic over the years and the gap between lurkers and contributors is well documented online, it’s sometimes called The 1% Rule.

On wikipedia it is defined as…

“The 1% rule states that the number of people who create content on the Internet represents approximately 1% (or less) of the people actually viewing that content (for example, for every person who posts on a forum, generally about 99 other people are viewing that forum but not posting).”

A slightly different definition is also included:

The “90–9–1″ version of this rule states that 1% of people create content, 9% edit or modify that content, and 90% view the content without contributing.”

Anecdotally it is incredible the amount of people who spend lots of time on community sites but either never actually contribute, or wait years before finally diving in, which is totally fine.

And yes, of course, there are also those who jump in for one post with self-promotion in mind never to return :)

Luckily we do have an absolutely brilliant core of contributors that we know and love 😎 and always welcome new contributions, so don’t be shy!

Cheers
    Peter

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 115502 wrote:
    There are currently 46,420 members on Flying Solo. I wonder how many are active members…

Currently 47,361 members – 25,324 registered but never post it = 22,037 active

Flying Solo is a great forum, I think the number of people that visit Flying Solo and get information is greater than 47,361.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.