Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Just getting started – Bookkeeping/ Finance Services business

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BananaCools
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi, I have worked in Finance & Accounting for over 15 years and genuinely enjoy the work. After having the opportunity to work from home (set hours) and realising that I felt more relaxed, balanced and free; the idea of starting my own business was born.
    My reasons are:
    -More family time
    -Flexible Hours
    -Able to work from home
    -Being my own boss
    I would love to be able to have my work fit around my life and not the other way around. I feel that the Bookkeeping/ Finance services I offer could also help others do the same.
    I would love to hear about how you all started, what sparked the idea, the ups and downs, and the do’s and don’ts.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Some of the elements of what you discuss in your posts are amongst the outputs of business.

I semi (mostly) retired about 4 years ago but retain ownership of my business.

I can and do work anywhere in the world, all in my own time and I find I have to devote a couple of hours a week at most to the business.

And it all started with the inputs – How can I be unique?, How can I provide unparalleled customer service? How can I never lose a customer? How can I win far more than my fair share of quotes? How can I get noticed? How can I cut process but improve efficiency?

If you get the inputs right, the outputs will follow. It’s actually kind of that simple.

Best wishes. I hope your hopes and dreams are all realised!!

Cheers
    Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.