Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Just launched… feeling nervous and disheartened

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    MillieAbroad
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

22%

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

That’s very nice and low, so one would expect decent conversions.
    I can’t see anything wrong with your sites basket & checkout functionality.

Don’t forget the holiday season may mean people are over spending money, on holidays and things of that nature.

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

That’s very nice and low, so one would expect decent conversions.
    I can’t see anything wrong with your sites basket & checkout functionality.

Don’t forget the holiday season may mean people are over spending money, on holidays and things of that nature.

MillieAbroad
    Up

I’m glad to hear that is low. I was feeling it was high!

Fingers crossed people get the shopping buzz again soon :)

MillieAbroad
    Up

I’m glad to hear that is low. I was feeling it was high!

Fingers crossed people get the shopping buzz again soon :)

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi (don’t know your name sorry)
    The website is lovely, congratulations.
    A few key things that need addressing;

you need to add keywords,
    you need a title tag – with your primary keywords in it,
    You need, privacy page, & sitemap,
    These are important for SEO

Your “About Us” page should be a menu button up the top, with as much detail about who you are and why you do what you do and a photo of yourself (with your kid/s)
    This is important for engaging & connecting with your potential customers.
    I also think the “shipping & returns” button should be up the top too – it’s an important part of the buying process

I personally prefer menu buttons to be just under the header/banner – I kept “loosing” the buttons – maybe I’m just a creature of habit and I expect them to be there, and I believe in making the navigating familiar & easy for customers.

the “$7.50 Postage” link, should say more – like “$7.50 flat fee postage” – I didn’t get why it was there on the home page.

the shopping cart is easy to use, but perhaps you should consider accepting PayPal and putting the PayPal logo on every page – helps people feel more confident about buying.

Overall I quite like the site – it just needs a bit of “tweaking”

Good luck
    Trish

PS I am a new grandmother, so I will be checking you stuff from time to time.:)

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi (don’t know your name sorry)
    The website is lovely, congratulations.
    A few key things that need addressing;

you need to add keywords,
    you need a title tag – with your primary keywords in it,
    You need, privacy page, & sitemap,
    These are important for SEO

Your “About Us” page should be a menu button up the top, with as much detail about who you are and why you do what you do and a photo of yourself (with your kid/s)
    This is important for engaging & connecting with your potential customers.
    I also think the “shipping & returns” button should be up the top too – it’s an important part of the buying process

I personally prefer menu buttons to be just under the header/banner – I kept “loosing” the buttons – maybe I’m just a creature of habit and I expect them to be there, and I believe in making the navigating familiar & easy for customers.

the “$7.50 Postage” link, should say more – like “$7.50 flat fee postage” – I didn’t get why it was there on the home page.

the shopping cart is easy to use, but perhaps you should consider accepting PayPal and putting the PayPal logo on every page – helps people feel more confident about buying.

Overall I quite like the site – it just needs a bit of “tweaking”

Good luck
    Trish

PS I am a new grandmother, so I will be checking you stuff from time to time.:)

MillieAbroad
    Up

Hi Trish,

First of all Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!! It’s such an exciting time – welcoming a new baby into the world and falling completely in love! I have recently had a nephew arrive into the world with a niece due next week!

Secondly, thank you for taking the time to view my page and give such thorough feedback – I am very appreciative of people’s generosity with their time here. Everything you say makes perfect sense to me and I will be looking to make the suggested changes over the next few days. Most of them will be easy enough to implement. I still think SEO is my biggest challenge… working on it!

Thanks again and please do stop by :)

April

MillieAbroad
    Up

Hi Trish,

First of all Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!! It’s such an exciting time – welcoming a new baby into the world and falling completely in love! I have recently had a nephew arrive into the world with a niece due next week!

Secondly, thank you for taking the time to view my page and give such thorough feedback – I am very appreciative of people’s generosity with their time here. Everything you say makes perfect sense to me and I will be looking to make the suggested changes over the next few days. Most of them will be easy enough to implement. I still think SEO is my biggest challenge… working on it!

Thanks again and please do stop by :)

April

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

For a new business launch and a new website and brand (and new baby!!) I think you’ve managed a very fine job. Well done. All of the posts thus far have valid comments you could churn through in time. Most of which will help.

The web is, I suspect, only one arm of your marketing strategy, even if it is only a webstore, sometimes distinct tangible real-life marketing can work wonders too, especially with this product for new mother and grandparents that obviously has a distinctive promise of quality.

I agree with some comments above about working towards getting your webpage to sing like a catalogue would from a high-end store. Loads of big pictures of models to highlight the exceptional products. The ordering, search and listings can then sit “behind” these front pages. ie… viewer says, “wow, that’s beautiful,..cute kid too”,.. then click, “oh coool, there are other styles and colours”

Big pictures. This takes time and money,.. but something to think of for later.

Great start!.., keep the faith, keep networking, think of places your target go, eat, travel, play and work and be there with your marketing, looking amazing. Also consider ways to differentiate by associating with other products, ..give away amazing wooden pegs or something to keep customers thinking they get a little extra. (when they come that is).
    Try a “business warming, baby shower” discount?

Get onto Mother forums too.

None of this answered you “conversion” question.. but I like what you’ve done so far and thought I’d ramble on…
    I’m a designer, and a man, so what would I know?!! haha

best of luck

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

For a new business launch and a new website and brand (and new baby!!) I think you’ve managed a very fine job. Well done. All of the posts thus far have valid comments you could churn through in time. Most of which will help.

The web is, I suspect, only one arm of your marketing strategy, even if it is only a webstore, sometimes distinct tangible real-life marketing can work wonders too, especially with this product for new mother and grandparents that obviously has a distinctive promise of quality.

I agree with some comments above about working towards getting your webpage to sing like a catalogue would from a high-end store. Loads of big pictures of models to highlight the exceptional products. The ordering, search and listings can then sit “behind” these front pages. ie… viewer says, “wow, that’s beautiful,..cute kid too”,.. then click, “oh coool, there are other styles and colours”

Big pictures. This takes time and money,.. but something to think of for later.

Great start!.., keep the faith, keep networking, think of places your target go, eat, travel, play and work and be there with your marketing, looking amazing. Also consider ways to differentiate by associating with other products, ..give away amazing wooden pegs or something to keep customers thinking they get a little extra. (when they come that is).
    Try a “business warming, baby shower” discount?

Get onto Mother forums too.

None of this answered you “conversion” question.. but I like what you’ve done so far and thought I’d ramble on…
    I’m a designer, and a man, so what would I know?!! haha

best of luck

MillieAbroad
    Up

Thank you Chris. I love your suggestion of making my webpages “sing like a catalogue would from a high-end store”. Made me smile but also I think that’s the key! Now to actually make it happen…

I think the other thing that is key is getting out there, being proactive and promoting the site in the places you have suggested.

Thank you also for the encouragement and the humour :)

I checked out your site by the way – love what you do.

MillieAbroad
    Up

Thank you Chris. I love your suggestion of making my webpages “sing like a catalogue would from a high-end store”. Made me smile but also I think that’s the key! Now to actually make it happen…

I think the other thing that is key is getting out there, being proactive and promoting the site in the places you have suggested.

Thank you also for the encouragement and the humour :)

I checked out your site by the way – love what you do.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.