Home Forums New here? Share your story Just saying hi!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SpikeSuradi
    • Total posts: 6

Hello forum peeps.

I’m Spike, a film music composer and I’ve recently joined this forum to learn more about the business side of the music making world.

A bit about myself… I’m based in Melbourne, and I’m mainly involved in writing music for commercials you hear on TV and corporate films that go around in offices (which you’re probably forced to watch by your supervisor.)

Hope to gain an amazing learning experience from this site! Looking good so far.

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233

Welcome to FS Spike!

Do you have a website we could have a look at?

Heidi :)

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731

Hello Spike,

Welcome aboard!

So you write your own music? Anything and everything?
    Does your website have samples?

SpikeSuradi

Apologies. I set up the signature after I posted this thread.

Here it is. http://spikesuradi.tv

Yes, everything’s written and performed by myself, with the occasional hiring of musicians to make me look good. :)

Thanks for the support guys! Much appreciated.

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233

Wow.

Must. Step. Away. From your site so I can get some work done today!!

Super, super impressive. I love all your composer notes in the show reels. Fascinating stuff. I’ll go back later today…..

Heidi :)

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,431

Welcome to the forums, Spike. Nice-looking site you have got there. I hope you enjoy your time on here and look forward to you being a valuable contributor.

SpikeSuradi

Thanks Heidi!

I must say your work is pretty impressive too. I’m a huge fan of typography esp. Wim Crouwel’s work. Such an underrated art form.

cinns
    • Total posts: 31

Hi Spike, I must admit I’m a little smitten by your site as well. Good work. I have gained an amazing learning experience from your site!

SpikeSuradi
    cinns, post: 143405 wrote:
    Hi Spike, I must admit I’m a little smitten by your site as well. Good work. I have gained an amazing learning experience from your site!

tonyk, post: 143401 wrote:
    Welcome to the forums, Spike. Nice-looking site you have got there. I hope you enjoy your time on here and look forward to you being a valuable contributor.

Thanks guys! It’s actually built from a wordpress template i bought from Themeforest. There’s plenty of other nice looking sites there too, and I they’re not just limited to wordpress either.

http://themeforest.net/

The downside is that it took quite some time to set up. Especially for someone like me who has no idea how to use HTML or anything like that. Takes a lot of tinkering. Like those model kits I used to buy as a kid, the stuff in the box looks nothing like whats on the cover. lol

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731

Wow not only nice but you learnt to do it yourself well done!

Some very nice tunes on there!

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157

Hi Spike.

Welcome to Flying Solo Forum. Your website looks nice. I like how you presented the videos!

Regards,
    Lyka

Being Pretty at Koogal
    • Total posts: 16

Welcome Spike,
    You seemed to have done a lot with your music =). I really like you site too, very unique -)

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,168

Welcome Spike, great to have you here.

What a fascinating website you have. Certainly very different. One that’s enjoyable to spend time on, just clicking on each panel to see what comes up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.