Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Just started up in Brisbane

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bottleyourmessage
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I just started my own business offering marketing and communications support for small businesses in Brisbane called ‘Bottle your Message’.

I’m only in the first week, trying to sort through everything I need to have in order to run a business – both legally and logistically.

I’d love your tips on whether there is a good checklist of what to make sure you have to make sure you’re adhering to government regulations to run a business. There are just so many websites with so much information, I am sure there is a really simple checklist that I’m missing amongst all of this – surely I’m not the only one.

Thanks in advance,

Alix

Jillian
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi There,

Welcome. I started my business earlier in the year and am still sorting through set-up things with regard to SEO, social media, BLOGS etc.

This type of work tends to take a back seat when you start getting clients as you get distracted by actual paid work!

Good luck with everything.

bottleyourmessage
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks Jillian, good to hear I’m not the only one.

Good luck with your business too!

Alix

nduncan
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

Hi Alix,

I don’t know if there is one spot to get all the info that you need. You may possibly find that some of the medium sized accounting firms give that sort of info away on their websites. I found the ATO website useful along with the ASIC one. Also state governments usually have small business portals that provide a lot of the info that you need.

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

In regards to the legal info I would suggest you talk to the Fair Trading department and your accountant. They would be the best sourses for all your legal needs.

Neddy
    • Total posts: 392
    Up
    bottleyourmessage, post: 99362 wrote:
    I’d love your tips on whether there is a good checklist of what to make sure you have to make sure you’re adhering to government regulations to run a business.

Hi Alix – welcome and good luck with your new venture.

The QLD Government does have a site that may help:

http://www.business.qld.gov.au

Cheers, Ned

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.