Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Just to introduce myself…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Meagan@Elephas
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone!
    I’m new, and thought I would introduce myself. I’m a graphic designer, about to take the almighty leap into full time self employment, providing Graphic Design and Web Design services online.
    Looking forward to the challenges, a little apprehensive (maybe my husband more so?) but all in all, cannot wait to see what the future holds.
    Are there any other designers out there, and if so – any tips on working for yourself full time?
    Thanks!!
    Meagan
    (Elephas Design)

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Meagan,
    Congratulations on taking the leap to soloism and thanks for joining us here.
    The community is full of graphic designers and web designers working for themselves successfully. And I definitely wouldn’t see that as lots of competition, I’d see it as proof that it’s very possible and you’ve got lots of support. For tips, a good place to start would be the article section on Flying Solo and of course the threads on here contain lots of gems.
    All the best
    Peter

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Hi Meagan,

Welcome to you! I am in the same field as you, but am a code monkey & not a designer haha…. though I do work with designers all the time to get my projects done. :)

Where are you based?

Meagan@Elephas
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 72092 wrote:
    Hi Meagan,

Welcome to you! I am in the same field as you, but am a code monkey & not a designer haha…. though I do work with designers all the time to get my projects done. :)

Where are you based?

I am based in Bradbury, South West Sydney but happily travel around the area to meet clients.

I am always looking for little code monkeys to help get things done – I’ve been asked about iPhone applications a lot lately – something you may know about??

:)

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Meagan – sorry for the delay in your above message posting :( It got stuck in our spam filters :( The word ‘iPhone’ tends to send the filters into overdrive!

Beautician
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

You’ve not got your website in your signature. And you should! I love the vibrant splash of colour on the first page and your portfolio looks great.

Welcome to Flying Solo. I’m relatively new too but in terms of setting up business by myself, am learning fast.

My ex was a graphic designer and he was in business by himself…which is probably not a good story to tell as it’s why he’s an ex. Haha!

Best of luck for your new business.
    :)

4N_Man
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hi, good on you, you have to give it a go. Web design is a competitive business but there are plenty of websites out there and the whole social media area is rapidly growing. Make sure you surround yourself with other people in business, it’s essential. Good luck and enjoy, cheers Grant

wpmdigital
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

Grats from another code monkey as well! :) Yes iphone/android apps are a great area to be in. Getting more and more enquiries for it day by day.
    Drop me a line would love to see your work!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.