Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Just went live!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #987654
    Mel L
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone,

    I just went live on my new website selling christening couture and handmade accessories. I have built the majority of the website myself and still have some more products to load. I only just had the idea to start up this business 6 weeks ago so I have been working like mad.

    I have 2 small children 2 and 3 years old who are home full time with me and my husband (no child care)

    I am new to on-line selling with the exception of an etsy shop which I started 19 months ago and another that I opened last week. I also have a madeit shop.

    I am really keen to find out as much as I can about marketing my online shop, I know that I have a heap of SEO work to do but other than that I am not sure what to do next in terms of getting my shop seen.

    I hope to learn lots here.
    Mel.

    #1163706
    MissSassy
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mel and welcome, congrats on your live store

    The most important thing is to get people to your store/s – start by writing a strategy of ways you can let people know about what you have on offer and then plan out what you can do daily or weekly to achieve this.

    A plan is the only way you will make time in your busy schedule to achieve this.

    Feel free to be in touch if I can help

    #1163707
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mel,

    Congratulations on getting up and running so quickly – the store looks lovely, and I hope it goes brilliantly for you.

    Good luck with it all, and welcome to Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

    #1163708
    Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mel , are you sure you are not a graphic designer? Your site is absolutely brilliant.

    SEO is all about getting people to your site. There are many ways to do this yourself without paying someone. Yes there are some technical issues that need to be address, but other than that, the important aspect is to identify your target audience, where they my be and get in front of them.

    I would think facebook Adverting would work really well as you could niche down your target market and structure your ad so that only qualified buyer would click on your ad. See if you can also find some meet up groups http://www.meetup.com. This would also be your target market.

    Keep up the good work…

    #1163709
    Wordsmith
    Member
    • Total posts: 194
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mel
    It’s a good idea to invest in SEO. Maybe an SEO copywriter? I know there are a few floating around on the forums ;)
    It is important to remember that while SEO generates leads, the quality of website content is generally want convinces visitors to become customers.
    Your website is beautifully presented. However, I do feel like you could use some more written content – mainly to improve SEO, but also because you have the ability to really connect with your audience and sell your products through engaging web copy.
    Facebook advertising is always a good idea to reach your target audience. I find promoted posts to be much more effective than generic ads and when I have suggested this to other forum users they have also reported better results.
    I hope this information is of assistance.
    Kindest
    Kirsty

    #1163710
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    Welcome and welcome to Flying Solo.

    Great images, they really make the site.

    I would love to see the colour images in the slider, I think the site would really pop!

    Well done, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1163711
    Mel L
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Everyone, Thanks for your words of encouragement.

    Tony,

    No I am not a graphic designer, it was just some cleaver selecting of a good web template and also the help of a good photographer friend and a handmade light box on my end :)

    I have tried the facebook advertising and it did ok, I got 20 new likes in a few days and only cost $10. I just joined meetup.com yesterday actually as a friend pointed me in that direction.

    I now have to think of other ways to generate traffic. I am not in the position to pay for advice regarding SEO or anything else just yet so I am trying to work social media and also use my other 3 eCommerce shops (etsy and madeit.com.au) to direct potential buyers.

    I am planning to invest in google adwords in the near future, but other than that I am not sure where to go next.

    Thanks again,

    Mel

    Tony Manto, post: 189518 wrote:
    Hi Mel , are you sure you are not a graphic designer? Your site is absolutely brilliant.

    SEO is all about getting people to your site. There are many ways to do this yourself without paying someone. Yes there are some technical issues that need to be address, but other than that, the important aspect is to identify your target audience, where they my be and get in front of them.

    I would think facebook Adverting would work really well as you could niche down your target market and structure your ad so that only qualified buyer would click on your ad. See if you can also find some meet up groups http://www.meetup.com. This would also be your target market.

    Keep up the good work…

    #1163712
    Mel L
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Matt,

    Thanks for the feedback,

    We did have a play with colour when we were loading the images and the black and white just looked better. I think it has to do with my banner and the template itself being black and white.

    When I did my market research, I noticed that my competitors all had small pics of the product, most only one image and on a dark background so I decided to invest in the professional photographs and I think that they make the business look more professional.

    MatthewKeath, post: 189571 wrote:
    Welcome and welcome to Flying Solo.

    Great images, they really make the site.

    I would love to see the colour images in the slider, I think the site would really pop!

    Well done, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1163713
    Mel L
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks Kristy,

    I will keep this in mind, I still have to pay off the website and my stock but I will be writing a list things of things that I want to invest in next and will do a cost benefit analysis on them.

    Melnaie

    Wordsmith, post: 189569 wrote:
    Hi Mel
    It’s a good idea to invest in SEO. Maybe an SEO copywriter? I know there are a few floating around on the forums ;)
    It is important to remember that while SEO generates leads, the quality of website content is generally want convinces visitors to become customers.
    Your website is beautifully presented. However, I do feel like you could use some more written content – mainly to improve SEO, but also because you have the ability to really connect with your audience and sell your products through engaging web copy.
    Facebook advertising is always a good idea to reach your target audience. I find promoted posts to be much more effective than generic ads and when I have suggested this to other forum users they have also reported better results.
    I hope this information is of assistance.
    Kindest
    Kirsty
    #1163714
    Elizabeth-FE
    Member
    • Total posts: 127
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mel,
    Lovely Website and Gorgeous product.
    Good niche that you are targeting.

    I would be everywhere new mums and expecting mothers are.
    Online Baby / Parenting Forums, you should be blogging and with special product like this you should have no problem getting some editorial in the likes of My Child and Bambini etc…
    I feel offline activity in this category is just as important as online.
    I would be looking for every opportunity for my target market to touch and feel my product.

    Perhaps consider a few Expos’ such as:
    http://www.babyandtoddlershow.com.au
    http://www.pbcexpo.com.au
    http://www.lifeinstyle.com.au/visiting/kids-instyle/

    And there are some amazing markets and events you could attend.

    If you need any further advice feel free to contact me.

    Warm Regards
    Elizabeth

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.