• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kayak
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi
    Im John a passionate kayaker and very keen to start an overnight kayak camping business wich will operate on the hawksbury river,with many years experience i feel i could provide a gr8 weekend away for many people,
    i have most of the equipment needed but need to secure permits, licencing, website and advertising the area has gr8 potential for a well organised business as i used to be a tour guide for a very poorly run company.
    Any advise would be gr8
    with thanks
    john

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi John

Sounds great and a lot of fun – looks to me like a business and marketing plan will help you to figure out what you don’t know and where you need advice.

From here you can ask more specific questions on Flying Solo and get the help you need.

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi John,
    Congratulations on taking the leap into your own adventure company. Sounds like a great idea for the Hawkesbury! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Have fun!
    Michelle

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Sounds like a great way to create a dream job for yourself. 😎

Best of luck and thanks so much for joining us John.

Dave

P.S. If you have any specific questions, feel free to start a new thread and ask away.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi John, yes a business plan is essential. There are many free templates on the web or I can provide you with one. You will defiantly need a website with a good marketing plan. Facebook Advertising should work well for the industry but have a look at meetup.com. The are many groups that enjoy outdoor activities you can tap into.

Gook luck. Feel free to brainstorm any ideas.

Recovery Russ
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Hi John,

What a fantastic way to make a living if you can pull it off. I do alot of kayaking myself up on the Gold Coast. I see a few tourist focused light kayak ‘tours’ up here but nothing long distance or overnight. (or particularly good for that matter)

I’d recommend trying to get hold of someone running a similar biz elsewhere in the country (Who you wouldn’t be in competition with) and seeing if you can pick their brain for all those things that you would never think of when starting a new biz. Or if you can, go on a ‘information scouting holiday’ to experience how someone else operates from the customers perspective.

I’m interested to see how you get on with this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.