Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Keeping it simple, need ideas and inspiration for a startup?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    byrneck
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    My partner and I are looking to do something after hours to get into business some how.
    We find the hardest part is deciding what to do to get into business and where to start.

I am trying to find business ideas which are simple, effective and fairly profitable. I understand profits are a variable as to how you approach something but at the same time some business are more profitable then others. I also understand you should do what you enjoy.

I personally have experience in Marketing / Web and Graphics design.
    My partner has a tourism degree, is currently a teachers aid and we are both fairly creative.

I am not that interested in just working as a graphics designer as a business, but still open to suggestions.

Look forward to your assistance in recommending some ideas for us.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=111285]@byrneck[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting today.

One member here has done well out of small town city/traveller guides that he has developed as Apps – it’s a long shot but combines development & travel.

Cheers

byrneck
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Appreciate the reply Paul and thank you. Nice suggestion.

Precise Tax Solutions
    Participant
    • Total posts: 172
    Up

If there were loads of simple business ideas that were profitable, everyone would be in business for themselves!

I think finding a niche with a scalable product/solution is a good start.

Good luck!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

IMO, the first part of most successful businesses is working within one that you enjoy going to the ‘office’ for.. Be it an office in a cafe, an office traditionally or even your lounge room… Meaning, do something you love – sounds like its not graphic design, but what are you and your partner passionate about?

Without knowing your interests, it may be difficult to give you many golden nuggets – cos we could just throw you a million ideas, if we were generous, but you may just go ‘nah’….

Look forward to hearing more knowledgable peeps jump in, i might just start a new business if any of the ideas are good ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    byrneck, post: 260284, member: 111285 wrote:
    Hi,
    I am trying to find business ideas which are simple, effective and fairly profitable. Look forward to your assistance in recommending some ideas for us.

That, as they say, is a Unicorn.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    OnlineBizConsultant
    • Total posts: 36
    Up
    byrneck, post: 260284, member: 111285 wrote:
    Hi,
    My partner and I are looking to do something after hours to get into business some how.
    We find the hardest part is deciding what to do to get into business and where to start.

I am trying to find business ideas which are simple, effective and fairly profitable. I understand profits are a variable as to how you approach something but at the same time some business are more profitable then others. I also understand you should do what you enjoy.

I personally have experience in Marketing / Web and Graphics design.
    My partner has a tourism degree, is currently a teachers aid and we are both fairly creative.

I am not that interested in just working as a graphics designer as a business, but still open to suggestions.

Look forward to your assistance in recommending some ideas for us.

This website has some web based business for sale: https://www.clickstartdigital.com.au/website-businesses-for-sale/

I recommend you do your own due-diligence. I have never dealt with them – but came across their site some time ago when searching for web-based business.

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi

If it were me, Id select a niche I enjoyed and I can make a living out of.

No point in being miserable.

Steven

Trudy Rankin
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

One way of finding an idea is to ask “what do my friends, family, always ask me to do?” It’s usually something that’s so easy for you to do that you don’t think anything of it, but if you were to ask other people you’d discover that it’s super hard for them to do.

Once you’ve answered that questions, do some keyword research to see if there is enough demand for help with that particular thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.