Home – New Forums Find the help you need Kentico CMS Developer Wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EmmaForster
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

We have a project in the studio at the moment that requires the skills of a web developer with knowledge of the Kentico CMS and involves the development and implementation of a mobile version of a current Kentico website.

If you have suitable skills please reply here or email [email protected] and i’ll let you know what we require for this project.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
    Emma

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Emma,

Welcome to the FS Forum.

I have to admit I had never heard of Kentico till now, and wow it had better be good for that price, even as a standard CMS system. Many of the features offered in the System are standard in Umbraco (another ASP.Net based CMS), but Umbraco is free.

Assazing how both Kentico and Umbrace both show that Microsoft use their CMS solution, but the “Microsoft” on Kentico is not the Software giant we all know.

Hope you find, or have found, someone to help you. Surely with over 55,000 members there has to be someone out there. Otherwise you may have to contact their Australian partners.

Brent.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    Brent@Ontrax, post: 154202 wrote:
    Emma,

Welcome to the FS Forum.

I have to admit I had never heard of Kentico till now, and wow it had better be good for that price, even as a standard CMS system. Many of the features offered in the System are standard in Umbraco (another ASP.Net based CMS), but Umbraco is free.

Assazing how both Kentico and Umbrace both show that Microsoft use their CMS solution, but the “Microsoft” on Kentico is not the Software giant we all know.

Hope you find, or have found, someone to help you. Surely with over 55,000 members there has to be someone out there. Otherwise you may have to contact their Australian partners.

Brent.

The difference between Kentico and Umbraco is open sourceness :) Open source does not equal free. (In my experience, depending how mature things are, it often means craploads of extra support)

Most programmers go open source for their own reasons. While I haven’t used Kentico beyond some trials and research into it I have read of many people justify the costs with Kentico.

IMO, Umbraco is one of the best designed CMS out there but it’s still got a way to go.

In the end however, seems to me open technologies will always win….for the buyer though it’s just a matter of timing…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.