Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Kia ora friends :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SarahJane1978
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi my name is Sarah, I am 37 and a mum of two girls, we live in New Zealand having recently emigrated from the UK. I am looking into starting my own small business, something I can run alongside my home life, that fits in with my family and hopefully one day can be built upon. I am hoping to start an online childrens clothes shop, I am currently researching suppliers which is proving tricky, the most popular country to import from would appear to be China however its hard to judge the quality of the products over the internet. Can anybody recommend a good supplier or have some knowledge in this area and would be willing to offer there advice, thanks in advance xxx

1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

I am no expert but am starting a business selling childrens products too. As a newbie i contacted a heap of suppliers off alibaba.com and requested samples and based on product/correspondance/price i selected who i would go through.
    good luck

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Sarah and welcome

Exciting times ahead for you and congratulations on making the move across the world too.

Make good use of these forums as there are plenty of very helpful people around.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi SarahJane1978, and welcome to the forums :)

We’ve had a lot of conversations on the topic of clothing wholesalers here recently, so try entering terms like ‘fashion’, ‘clothing’ and ‘wholesale’ into the Search function in the grey bar above the forum. (You’ll probably need to trawl through lots of threads, but may find some links in amongst all the other info).

In addition, I highly recommend reading this article from experienced online fashion retailer Corryn Barker, which has just been published today: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/startup/business-start-up/starting-an-online-fashion-store-read-this-first and listening to this podcast, in which Robert interviews fashion industry expert (and long-time forumite) Elizabeth Formosa: https://soundcloud.com/flyingsoloau/48-starting-a-fashion-business

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

Tracey G
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Kia ora Sarah :)

Like many people here I live in Australia, but I visit NZ often and I have lots of friends and connections there. I hope you’re enjoying your new home.

There are many people running online retail businesses from NZ, which I hope will be encouraging for you.

Cheers,
    Tracey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.