Home – New Forums Find the help you need Know of any good (cheap) spaces for small group presentations – Brisbane?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Murray – Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    ::

Hi
    I have a client looking for a space to hold meditation classes in for approx 10 – 20 people on a regular basis in Brisbane (mostly at night). Does anyone know of a good but relatively cheap space? Most of the hotels and more mainstream venues are way too expensive.

thanks for your help
    Lisa

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

It’s been 12 years since I lived in Brisbane … but try having a look at Wellness Centres … my mother used to run meditation groups at the Inner Peace and Harmony Centre in Kedron, but I’m fairly sure that’s long gone … Wellness Centres or holistic practitioners are probably your best bet.

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

What about looking at school or church halls? Many of these are empty at night and are happy to rent them out. Scout or Guide halls may also be rented out at night when they’re not being used for groups.

Melissa

sheryl a
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Community Centres/Neighbourhood Houses often have multiple rooms that they hire out – preference may be given to community/ non-profit hirers, but they will look at commercial arrangements, too. Usually a range of room sizes and fees are available.

Cheers,
    Sheryl

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Your client will also require Public Liability Insurance regardless of where they hire.

Lisa Murray – Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Thanks everyone for your suggestions – we have investigated most of your suggestions already – there is a surprising lack of availability so far!! Have found one option though so that’s a start!

cheers
    Lisa

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

I would suggest the further out of Brisbane you go the cheaper it would be. I’m guessing this is not your intention though. Maybe try Angie Hammond of Business Connector. She would have done some research on good venues and might have some contacts in this area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.