Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Knowledgeable but really stuck, please help me!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lalita
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

HI everyone :)

I have been registered for a couple of years and never really got involved and hadn’t visited the site since I registered so I thought I’d get to it!
    I’m happy I got back on, it’s amazing the information that’s on here. I put that title to hopefully get some help or direction if possible. I definitely don’t know it all and business is always such an evolving field especially in today’s digital world which is changing so fast – there’s always something new to learn :)

I have been working for myself in the online space for about 5 years, at the time as a stay at home mum I started my Ebay business which I eventually closed down last year with a view on opening my own online store. However this has become an issue as I learned from the beginning to do research into what people wanted to buy, I had a 98% sell through rate on Ebay because I previously researched the product and made sure there was a demand for it before taking any further steps. There are legal tools that allow you to research this information about Ebay and Amazon. I never listed a product out of the blue.

I have found difficulties that have made me unable to start yet. I still haven’t decided on which of the 3 niches I’ve shortlisted I want to go with. Start up capital is an issue.

It’s hard to resume everything I’ve learned these years, from researching competitors, keyword research, product demand, writing product descriptions, Facebook marketing, understanding the online business world, importing small products, customer service and other things so I had a coaching session from the NBN Digital Enterprise Brisbane.
    In this only session it was advised to me that I should try and help businesses get online and do consulting. Problem is there’s really no evidence as to what I know, i.e I can’t show my success for example via my store.

My passion is really a combination of a few things: selling online,
    wanting to help others that’s where the consulting part comes in, but most of all I’m a research buff that always has questions wanting to know more. I think I might need to speak to someone, what are your thoughts?

Well I don’t want to overwhelm anybody so I’ll leave it there! Thanks if you managed to read this far!

Lalita

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

I don’t quite understand… It sounds as though your expertise is in selling product via ebay, but now you’re wanting to go into business helping other businesses get online?

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Lalita

You have a lot going through your mind at the moment – pause and try to look at one aspect at a time.

Do an old fashioned pros and cons may help you decide on direction and perhaps staying with your passion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.