Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Kurasu – Japanese homeware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yozo
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

My name is Yozo and I started Kurasu (kurasu.com.au) a few months ago. We import Japanese contemporary homewares based here in Sydney.

Moved to Sydney a year ago from Tokyo due to my fiance’s work relocation, and we love it here so far!

I used to work at an investment bank back in Tokyo, but coming here made want to be involved in something I believed in – showcasing Japanese design and craftsmanship, and to have a part in connecting the two beautiful countries.

The corporate world had always been my comfort zone, and stepping out of it to start a new business has been exciting and daunting at the same time!

Recently, I’ve finally been gaining some traction through setting up occasional market stalls here in Sydney, and learning as much as I can – marketing, SEO, logistics, finances etc to support my online venture.

I’m hoping being involved in this forum will take my business to the next level, while also sharing insights I’ve had in the short time I’ve been flying solo!

Hope to interact with you all soon.
    Yozo

Lucinda Lions
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Hi Yozo

First of all, welcome to the Flying Solo forums!

It was an absolute pleasure browsing through your lovely website, viewing your homewares.

Thank you so much for sharing your background story, it was really interesting.

Wishing you every success and look forward to seeing you around Flying Solo!
    Lucinda :)

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Welcome Yozo,

I concur your website is very easy to navigate and has some beautiful imagery. I especially like the journal section and the post about the manholes!

Keep up the great work and see you around the forum.

Cheers

Cat :)

Gordon Anderson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Yozo-san,

Cool.. I really like the aesthetic of your products.

When I was a kid we had visitors stay from Japan.. they always brought cool gifts. like biscuits individually wrapped inside a wooden box with a slide-top. So thoughtful.

hope it goes well with the launch !

gord.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hello

Your products are lovely and that is something that Japan is well known for – Design and craftsmanship.

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

Welcome

I second (or should that be third or fourth) the comments on the beautiful site.

regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.