Home – New Forums Starting your journey Label ideas

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #995413
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone,

    Not sure if I am posting in the right section however I am beginning to put my business idea into motion and did a little photo shoot of my products to upload to my website however looking at the photos of my products I’m beginning to not like my labels.

    I have attached a photo of it below, I chose this style as it’s simple/minimalistic which represents what I am selling – all natual body products.

    I am happy to hear everyone’s opinion and what they think I could work on

    #1201784
    gingerbeardhs
    Member
    • Total posts: 90
    Up
    0
    ::

    I think it looks pretty good. The only thing that might be missing based on other minimalist label designs is a minimalist logo on the left hand side. Though not all of the labels in that search have one

    #1201785
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    gingerbeardhs, post: 239182, member: 84763 wrote:
    I think it looks pretty good. The only thing that might be missing based on other minimalist label designs is a minimalist logo on the left hand side. Though not all of the labels in that search have one

    aww thank you. I just have that feeling when I look at it that its not how it should be but maybe its just because I have seen it so many times but always good to hear from others that its not is not bad :)

    #1201786
    Johny
    Member
    • Total posts: 840
    Up
    0
    ::

    Here is a thought Christina.

    I am a random guy on a forum who will probably never buy your product. I am not your target market so what does it matter what I think?

    Well why don’t I just shut up then? Because I would offer this:-

    Do you want general opinions or do you want more direct responses from the people whom will buy your type of product?

    My suggestion would be to identify your target market, then ask them what would be an outlook that would look good and perhaps entice them to buy your product.

    #1201787
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    0
    ::

    Like Johny a random who will never buy your product, personally I think it is ok.

    But just guessing at who you market is, and your competition, why do they all have fancy fancy fancy labelling, My guess is that what the target market wants.

    Not saying you will (I don’t think so), but will your product be seen as cheap and therefore no good, purely based on the labels,

    #1201788
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,243
    Up
    0
    ::

    I like the approach but would prefer a softer font in the middle band of text.

    #1201789
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    bb1, post: 239203, member: 53375 wrote:
    Like Johny a random who will never buy your product, personally I think it is ok.

    But just guessing at who you market is, and your competition, why do they all have fancy fancy fancy labelling, My guess is that what the target market wants.

    Not saying you will (I don’t think so), but will your product be seen as cheap and therefore no good, purely based on the labels,

    I have considered all that fancy labelling however my product is made up of simple nontoxic ingredients and I wanted my label to reflect that, its all about minimalism

    #1201790
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 239207, member: 78928 wrote:
    I like the approach but would prefer a softer font in the middle band of text.

    thanks I have since tried a same same but different design

    what are your thoughts?

    #1201791
    ckgdesign
    Member
    • Total posts: 48
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey Christina,

    I’m a Graphic Designer so I can possibly help you in terms of branding and focusing in on a target audience. Your labels aren’t too bad, they look quite natural but they don’t look particularly soft. Because your labels are 100% typography, it’s critical that you choose the correct typeface and colour as those are the two elements essentially selling the product. Minimalism is a good avenue to go down. It makes the product feel simple and easy.

    I’m not sure if this is your final photo, but your photos need to be better also. Whether or not they get Photoshopped relatively heavily after you take them, or you get a professional photographer to take them is up to you.

    #1201792
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    ckgdesign, post: 239237, member: 59271 wrote:
    Hey Christina,

    I’m a Graphic Designer so I can possibly help you in terms of branding and focusing in on a target audience. Your labels aren’t too bad, they look quite natural but they don’t look particularly soft. Because your labels are 100% typography, it’s critical that you choose the correct typeface and colour as those are the two elements essentially selling the product. Minimalism is a good avenue to go down. It makes the product feel simple and easy.

    I’m not sure if this is your final photo, but your photos need to be better also. Whether or not they get Photoshopped relatively heavily after you take them, or you get a professional photographer to take them is up to you.

    Thank you for your advice, how would you suggest I make them softer? And when you say colour i’m assuming you are referring to the font colour?

    These aren’t the final pictures, I have just been playing around with them however will definitely be using Photoshop on the finial ones

    #1201793
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,243
    Up
    0
    ::
    Christina2590, post: 239234, member: 57952 wrote:
    thanks I have since tried a same same but different design

    what are your thoughts?
    I am really out of my depth here so I will defer to [USER=59271]@ckgdesign[/USER] and others better qualified.

    Cheers

    #1201794
    ckgdesign
    Member
    • Total posts: 48
    Up
    0
    ::
    Christina2590, post: 239242, member: 57952 wrote:
    Thank you for your advice, how would you suggest I make them softer? And when you say colour i’m assuming you are referring to the font colour?

    These aren’t the final pictures, I have just been playing around with them however will definitely be using Photoshop on the finial ones
    Type choice is the thing that’s going to make it feel softer along with colour choice as they’re the only two things on your label. Your type choice right now feels natural, like I mentioned, but doesn’t feel particularly soothing or… elegent. I’m guessing here, but I feel like you want the label to be white because it’s cheaper for you to create? If that’s the case, you need to choose a tone that demonstrates the product qualities through the use of colour and type.

    Yeah, you need to get stuck into those photos. They’re (along with the label design) going to help dictate the price point you can sell your products for.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.