Home – New Forums Selling online Launch a new online store

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #986428
    kollectives
    Member
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone,

    I have recently launched my online shop to sell stationery & greeting card items.
    I kindly ask everyone to come to have a look and leave your feedback about our site.
    Kollectives: http://www.kollectives.com

    Thank you!

    #1157714
    MissSassy
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    0
    ::

    Beautiful site and lovely products, I am thinking your aim is to build a community who loves what you offer.

    It is a crowded market so I wish you every success with this venture.

    #1157715
    John Debrincat
    Member
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    0
    ::
    kollectives, post: 181905 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

    I have recently launched my online shop to sell stationery & greeting card items.
    I kindly ask everyone to come to have a look and leave your feedback about our site.
    Kollectives: http://www.kollectives.com

    Thank you!

    Nice site and I hope that you do well.

    You need to check that all the content is encrypted in your checkout process as you are showing a SSL error. Might be the addthis and you need to get the https version. But could be any images if you are linking externally.

    See attached

    John

    #1157716
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    I landed on your site and saw lights. So I thought you sold lights. Then I went into products and see stationery.

    Totally confusing.

    I get the impression that you’re more concerned about aesthetics than you are functionality/selling.

    #1157717
    Michelle Johnson
    Member
    • Total posts: 97
    Up
    0
    ::

    I agree with Miss Sassy. This is a Very crowded category, what’s your point of difference and how are you planning on standing out? Do you have a Facebook group we can join to support you?

    Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about your ideas.

    Have fun!
    Michelle

    #1157718
    rdenton
    Member
    • Total posts: 90
    Up
    0
    ::

    I really dig the responsiveness of the site, good luck!

    #1157719
    JohnTranter
    Member
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    0
    ::

    I really like the theme you’re using, and it’s responsive too which is great.

    John Debrincat, post: 181912 wrote:
    You need to check that all the content is encrypted in your checkout process as you are showing a SSL error. Might be the addthis and you need to get the https version. But could be any images if you are linking externally.

    At first glance it’s the Paypal2.png image causing this, which is the Paypal image in your footer.
    Change that link to https://www.kollectives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/paypal2.png and you might fix the SSL error.

    Joh n

    #1157720
    eWAY
    Member
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    0
    ::
    JohnTranter, post: 182001 wrote:
    IAt first glance it’s the Paypal2.png image causing this, which is the Paypal image in your footer.
    Change that link to https://www.kollectives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/paypal2.png and you might fix the SSL error.

    Joh n

    You should use relative links rather than absolute links

    (For those not in the know, absolute means the whole url “http://domain.com/image.jpg” and relative means “relative to the current location” like “/image.jpg”

    I would change it to “../wp-content/uploads/2013/12/paypal2.png” instead. That way it will use the base url so will be http when the page is http and https when it needs to be.

    This banner image is also linked on your login page with an absolute url with http – http://www.kollectives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Banner_facebook_2.jpg. Change that to “../wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Banner_facebook_2.jpg”

    Good luck with the website. Besides those things it looks great!

    Maclean

    #1157721
    SACKO – Head Office
    Member
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there,

    Have visited your website. I must say that it’s very eye-pleasing and you have nice products in store.

    But I also agree with Miss Sassy. Many have been on this field already. I suggest you point out why prospective buyers must choose you from others and not just letting them see what you have.

    Goodluck on your business!

    Regards,
    Edelyn

    #1157722
    Jenny Spring
    Member
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    0
    ::

    Your site is visually lovely, but fails the 5 second test.

    If you’d like to know what the 5 second test is, I’ve just written a blog post about it, and you’ll see lots of examples of people who have improved their site to pass this test.

    I’d be happy to give you free advice, after you’ve read the blog post…

    Jenny

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.