Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Launching a service business.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Reezy
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Does anyone have any tips or can share their experience with how they went about marketing their service based business when it first opened?

My business is in the appliance repair industry and focused on home owners, property managers, short term accommodation and child care centres. I want to hit the ground runny but I need some tips on the most effective methods of marketing.

I think Facebook (particularly community pages), direct networking and Google ads are some good methods. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Reezy,
    I would agree that with local service businesses that targeted digital options can be effective, so they are worth exploring and experimenting with for sure. While SEO is always very competitive these days, if you are in a smaller region or suburb there can still be good opportunities to rank with some work.

However, a friend of mine has a cleaning business and has found that the old-school letter box drops still work very effectively for getting residential customers, and they also drop to strata boxes in unit blocks. Even dropping into local business owners is something that could work for accommodation and child care centres in your case?? They also go via real estate agents to reach property managers either by phoning, dropping in or flyers=.

It’s a manual way to go but often people don’t like doing this so it could be a gap if you’re willing to hit the pavement!

Good luck! Peter

Reezy
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks Peter,

The paper drop isn’t a bad idea however I agree that online targeted marketing is definitely a better way. I certainly would prefer to get leads through online methods as it’s a much more effective call to action plus is reduces the amount of phone calls and bookings I need to take during the day when customers can use our online scheduler.

I did have the thought of letter dropping recently sold properties in certain suburbs with a welcome to the area/promotional offer on perhaps a maintenance visit or plan? Considering often new home owners are unsure of the condition of their recently inherited appliances. Do you think this would be effective?

I appreciate your help!

Regards
    Reece

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Reezy,

Peter had some great ideas for you!

I’d suggest you have a go at LinkedIn too. Start by working on your profile (make it clear in your headline what you do, where you do it, and for whom) and then connect with local property managers on there. You’ll find it pretty easy to find them via the search.

Just send a friendly message to them after they connect so they take notice of you and your offer :-). It’s a great way to build relationships with other businesses. It might not pay off straight away, but when they need your specific service, if you’re top of mind, they’ll be more likely to find your details again.

It should take too long either. Just do 10 minutes of LinkedIn networking a day. I’d be surprised if you didn’t get a few good contacts/leads within a few weeks.

Let us know how you go!

:-) Angela

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Reece,

Yes, as Angela suggested LinkedIn also seems to have potential for connecting with specific groups.

There’ll never be a silver bullet with these things, so I think testing a few channels/options would be the way to go and see what works. The digital options are probably the easiest/fastest options to try, but doesn’t necessarily translate into effectiveness, so I wouldn’t rule out a few offline options.

Targeting new home owners seems to make sense if they are more likely to need your services.

One other point is that our research shows that word-of-mouth is still the biggest source of new clients over time, so while it’s slow and organic, it can be good to look at strategies/processes to help your existing happy customers tell others about you.

Keep us posted, Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.