Home Forums New here? Share your story Launching cleaning business this week – Need assistance with Insurance question!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JacobV19
    • Total posts: 1

Hi Guys – thanks for your time and reading my post if you got that far,

I will be launching my in home cleaning business this week – I have everything ready to go, have gone through some trial runs with family and friends – but just have 1 aspect remaining before we officially launch,

Insurance – Keep in mind we use contractors with their own ABN to carry out the cleaning itself, I have inquired with insurance companies and Compare the market etc – they have stated if I get public liability it will only cover myself – which won’t make any sense as I will be working from my study at home and not doing the cleaning in other peoples houses,

Obviously with having someone in another’s home there is risk for damage/theft etc – how would you advise insurance to protect myself ?

Really appreciate your time – thanks again

SeeMySite
    • Total posts: 15

Hi Jacob…as contractors isn’t there a requirement for them to take care of their own insurance? Sure…it may be that this is cost prohibitive for them, but perhaps you could make it a contractual requirement – get a broker to arrange a group policy that they have to subscribe to, and charge them a levy which you can deduct from their contracting fees.

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,121

Insurance for your contractors should cost them roughly$12-$15 per month.

You can also be used for their mistakes.

You will need your own insurance.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.