Home – New Forums Marketing mastery launching new fashion product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I have just joined the group and I am excited by the possibilities.

I am seeking advice about launching a new (unique) product into the women’s fashion market. The product would probably fit within the shapewear category.

I located the product overseas and want to introduce it to Australia. I would be the agent for the product.

This would be a new venture for me and a few of the questions going through my mind include:
    * How do you gain access to the buyers within large department stores?
    * How do you ensure that the buyers want to deal directly with you, the agent, rather than go directly to the overseas supplier?
    * What terms would be reasonable to set up with the overseas supplier?

My biggest fear is that I would do the work of raising awareness of the product (which is an unknown product in Australia at the moment), but might end up directing people to the supplier’s website and bypassing myself.

Any advice / suggestions much welcomed.

Many thanks
    Sharon

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for joining the forum, and apologies that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while.

This post has links to some threads that will give you some food for thought.

I’m sure people will chime in with some ideas for you too, but it is a bit quiet around here this week, so please be patient with us :)

Nice to meet you,
    Jayne

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hi Sharon,
    I can help you with your query.
    I have worked in fashion for for over 20 years across all segments including working with David Jones & Myer.
    I also have some experience with Shapewear.

Firstly if you are going to become the Agent for an offshore product you MUST have an agreement in place with the manufacturer for exclusive rights to sell within Australia. This will protect you from the Retailers trying to source the product directly and also give you protection that there will not be any other competition for the same product. This needs to be a legal contract.

As for how to get your product into a major retailers. Thats a longer story.
    I can advise you and I do have contacts.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm Regards
    Elizabeth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.