Home Forums Selling online Launching your product online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jaredshand
    • Total posts: 2

Hey Guys,

I’m a Melbourne based freelance web/graphic designer. Just want to share a thought to those wanting to launch their product online.

I’ve seen some excited people with a new idea spend way too much investing in an online store and creating a lot of ongoing costs before before even selling their first product. There are many factors that will determine if your product will sell & its best to start small whilst you figure out those factors.

I’ve been using a site called ecwid.com (I’m not affiliated with them) that has been a great stepping stone for those getting started, ecwid will host a new user 10 products free of charge. This is great for anyone starting off, as you can get those first 10 products selling, turn a profit & then expand.

anyway, just a thought. Hope that helps.

Jared

anyone needing a brand new site feel free to
    email me at jared.shand@me.com – or see jaredshand.com

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    jaredshand, post: 221183, member: 71577 wrote:
    Hey Guys,

I’m a Melbourne based freelance web/graphic designer. Just want to share a thought to those wanting to launch their product online.

I’ve seen some excited people with a new idea spend way too much investing in an online store and creating a lot of ongoing costs before before even selling their first product. There are many factors that will determine if your product will sell & its best to start small whilst you figure out those factors.

I’ve been using a site called ecwid.com (I’m not affiliated with them) that has been a great stepping stone for those getting started, ecwid will host a new user 10 products free of charge. This is great for anyone starting off, as you can get those first 10 products selling, turn a profit & then expand.

anyway, just a thought. Hope that helps.

Jared

anyone needing a brand new site feel free to
    email me at jared.shand@me.com – or see jaredshand.com

Hello Jared I see that you are pretty new here so nice to meet you. We are always looking for web designers to work with so if you are interested drop me a message.

Your advice to start small and grow is very good and many new online retailers try to start with far too many products.

ecwid has been around for quite a long time and you have to explain that it is not an online store but rather a plug in cart that requires an existing website. However it is hosted separately. Although they have a free 10 product plan even the smallest online retailers will quickly out grow that. So be aware that their paid plans are in USD$ and hosted and supported overseas.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.