Home Forums New here? Share your story Lawn maintenance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adhavard87
    • Total posts: 2

Hey guys
    I am a small business owner of a professional lawn maintenance company in south Gippsland, Melbourne.
    I have been mainly doing residential properties and some acreages but looking to expand.
    I am in need of help with tenders and searching the right places to compete etc, so I am a definite noob to commercial contracting and anyone with advice would be awesome
    Thanks in advance
    Ashton
    Cutting edge lawn maintenance

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

The problem I can see for you is your location, last time I drove through Mirboo there wasnt heaps of commercial properties around, and I’m guessing those that are may already have arrangement’s in place.

But there is nothing wrong with directly approaching the few that are there, they may be unhappy with the current arrangement, but haven’t being in a position to change. Let your motor mechanic and Chiropractor (examples) know you are looking for some commercial work, I now work for both of mine.

Again not sure if there are many down there, but a direct approach to a few Body Corporates is always an option, because if you get one, and they are happy they will often get you to quote on any other work they have going.

The same with Real Estate agents, I hear they are always looking out for new contractors, but having said that I dont personally take on Real Estate work, even though I have been offered on many occasions, they are the worst payers, as they give you the job, but forget to mention that they don’t pay till the owner of tenant pays them, which can take months, and in some cases not at all. I have found a work around, but I just refuse to take the work anyhow.

Your facebook page only really mentions very basic service, beef it up, good to see you do Worksafe and NDIS, so now say I do commercial. not sure how else you advertise, but if you do flyers, do a commercial specific one, and put them out where ever you go. If you dont tell people they wont know.

Let it be known that you will take on commercial work.

Adhavard87
    • Total posts: 2

I appreciate the feedback
    And thanks for taking the time to look at my Facebook page. My main source of advertising is through Facebook and flyers/business cards. I will definitely be designing some commercial only flyers from now on also, I have started approaching some schools and government bodies, and car sales etc for the larger properties, so we will wait and see how that goes.
    Cheers
    Ash

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,115

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=117897]@Adhavard87[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.