Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Lead generation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Smyth
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    ::

All,

I am at a cross-roads, where I have struggled to generate enough leads for myself to keep busy & succeed. I am a sub-dealer, selling Optus Business solutions – mobile, landline, internet etc. The reality is that I am a Business Analyst, so while I do a thorough analysis of the prospects’ bills and have excellent accuracy in the savings I have projected, I am not a sales guru and am struggling to get to the analysis stage. The business was started just 2 months ago, and the few customers I have been able to visit were very happy with my propsals and accepted.

Is it time to outsource he lead generation? How much should I pay per lead? Do I pay even if it’s not a decent lead, or just a higher value for those I successfully close? Do you have any recommendations of who to use?

Thanks so much… bit nervous about using a 3rd party for the leads, but can’t continue as I have been going.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I think a lot of the questions are for you to decide – most people/companies will not work on a pay per lead basis, if you are talking about appointment setting, as there are too many variables, and in the telecommunications industry, I am sure they would want at least $150 per appointment.

Have you thought about taking on a telemarketer, even on a part time basis? Yes you would pay an hourly rate, but at least it is still in your control, and would hopefully manage the cost for you. I guess you need to look at what ROI you would need to ahieve – for example, a real estate agent would not think twice about paying $150 for a property appraisal (Okay they probably would), when their commission opportunity might sit at $15k.

I don’t know telecommunication margins to advise here, but this would be the starting point of your investigations.

Jay-T
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

I know that in business it’s a smart idea to outsource your weaknesses to others who are better at that job than you but sales is something you HAVE to learn.

Every “business person” on this forum are sales people whether they want to admit or not…we’re all in the sales business!

There are 3 books I’d recommend:

Spin selling + spin selling field book by Neil rackham (sales process and questioning, needs analysis)
    High Probability Selling by Jaques Werth (stress free lead generation)

These 3 books will help you understand the sales process and also how to have comfortable sales calls without all of the stress.

Before outsourcing your sales job get good at it first…you may even enjoy it!

Marketing is the other job that you shouldn’t outsource.

Sales and marketing IS your business not your product.

Shoey
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    Smyth, post: 69488 wrote:
    All,

I am at a cross-roads, where I have struggled to generate enough leads for myself to keep busy & succeed. I am a sub-dealer, selling Optus Business solutions – mobile, landline, internet etc. The reality is that I am a Business Analyst, so while I do a thorough analysis of the prospects’ bills and have excellent accuracy in the savings I have projected, I am not a sales guru and am struggling to get to the analysis stage. The business was started just 2 months ago, and the few customers I have been able to visit were very happy with my propsals and accepted.

Is it time to outsource he lead generation? How much should I pay per lead? Do I pay even if it’s not a decent lead, or just a higher value for those I successfully close? Do you have any recommendations of who to use?

Thanks so much… bit nervous about using a 3rd party for the leads, but can’t continue as I have been going.

Have you thought about setting up your own affiliate program for your site to generate leads. ClixGalore is a good one to use. I’m sure there are others in the same field as yourself already signed up. You could check out their rates, see whether they pay by lead/sale and then see how it matches with what you may be able to do. It can’t hurt to check it out.

jaycar
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

I worked in a business just like yours from the early 90’s to early 2000’s. Those were the boom days in the teleco game and we always used in house telemarketers. Cheaper and more effective as it was already mentioned by someone earlier on. When things were slow, we just went through the local papers and the sales guys made cold calls on anyone with a mobile phone. this sort of business is always a hard slog at first but if you are only a few months old, to get moving you need to do the hard yards and face to face marketing I have found, is always the best way initially.

I wish you all the best with the venture as I have been there and done that in that industry. Perseverance and patience is the key to success. Good luck with it. :-)

Netboost SEO
    • Total posts: 191
    Up

There are a few options, you can hire a commission only salesperson. You can hire a lead generation firm (don’t pay huge monthly retainers) or you could look at web-based lead generation via SEO and affiliate marketing.

Don’t be too stingy with your commissions – the higher the commission the harder the sales person will work, experiemt with the number and tweak it until you find a good balance. I pay about 30% commission plus bonuses and for partnered SEO marketing I charge 10% to 50% of a websites revenue depending on the product/service and my profitability diagnosis

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

There are many companies which are doing Lead Generation. I have experienced of one company named [business name removed]. Which is the best company for Sales Lead Generation and Appointment Setting. It has techniques to do lead generation and appointment setting.

tell me more about [business name removed] do they work across the board as in would they be able to generateleads for sam ummmm and entertainer?

PocketDocket
    • Total posts: 156
    Up

It appears [business name removed] is a US company…

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 91466 wrote:
    tell me more about [business name removed] do they work across the board as in would they be able to generateleads for sam ummmm and entertainer?

His post is spam.

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

As has been mentioned almost every business has to sell something for it to be viable but to be making these calls after only two months?

This for me highlights issues many people starting up don’t consider.
    How long did you plan to run before break even?
    Do you have funds to get you through this period?
    Did you work out a lead generation (marketing) plan?
    What have you tried so far?
    Who are you trying to sell to?
    Do you have a compelling enough reason for these people / businesses to use your product / service?
    How do you differentiate from what’s out there already?
    Are you disciplined and diligent enough to get leads?
    What’s your plan for converting these into sales?

If you’re now looking at outsourcing.
    Can you afford this service at this point in time?
    What do you realistically expect and how soon?
    Again how long before breakeven?

Sales is often tough and you have to develop some skill in this area to make a small business work / viable.

A suggestion might be to get clear on who would most benefit from what you have and then work out how to approach these people directly and then develop a schedule for doing so.

Even though most of my work is now referral, I still have a prospect list that I progress on a weekly basis and that was what got me over the line initially.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 91480 wrote:
    His post is spam.

Yep, it was spam. Gone now though – sorry for the inconvenience folks.

Jenish Pandya
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Not a big expert, but why not try biz buzz.
    Till I am aware you only pay bizz buzz after you have sold something (correct me if i am wrong).
    So in technical sense it would be affiliate marketing.

Good Luck
    Jenish

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.