Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Leads Lists

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Murray_B
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

Im about to do a direct marketing push for my IT services company and Im looking at a few list / lead gen companies online. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent one with good quality lists?

Regards

Murray
    http://www.bridgingthegap.com.au

Pross
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Murray,

Nice site!

Sometimes a list broker can help you put together data from different sources to suit your needs more closely. They don’t usually charge any more than buying from the list owners directly, either – as a general rule only questionable brokers do that. The other bonus is that if there is a list out there anywhere, the brokers will know about it.

I don’t wanna be plugging my company’s site or trying to spam you but I have compiled a good list of list brokers. All those brokers sell my company’s data and are legit and reliable.

The ones toward the top are most recommended.

Thanks
    Pete

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Good one Pete,

That is a really useful list.

One factor here Murray is whether you need the names of the people that you are targeting?

I have found that if you are using telemarketing or appointment setting then your appointment setter is generally happy without the names, and that saves you plenty as you can get simple lists of businesses.

If you are using direct mail, then you really do need the contact names, and lists like those that Pete is providing are the best way to go. I have also found an excellent system called the Circle of Leverage (Google that to find the book) and the key concept is that you should send to multiple decision makers to get in.

the main point I would make to you (I ran an IT support business for a few years) – don’t contact IT people within your prospects – you need to contact Executives (or if you do contact IT people then make sure you contact executives as well).

Pete what do your customers find with getting sales direct to IT contacts in schools and health?

Kevin

Pross
    Up

I’d definitely agree with Kevin on that circle of leverage idea – decision-making on contracts and services in large organisations is usually more complex than most people think – sure, there’s one person (or a few) who makes the final decision, but there’s plenty of people around that decision-maker who influence them, are consulted by them, etc. An IT contract is going to be rubber-stamped by the contracts/tendering division, but they’re not going to do that without talking to IT first, and possibly also finance, corporate services, etc. Multiple points of contact is a really good idea.

Pross
    Up
    soliddata, post: 29652 wrote:
    Pete what do your customers find with getting sales direct to IT contacts in schools and health?

Kevin

Sorry Kevin, for some reason I completely didn’t read that.

I find our customers do really agree as to the benefits of spending that little bit extra on lists to get the decision-makers in different areas. In schools, the head of computing or the IT contractor definitely isn’t going to have the power to make purchasing decisions, so getting your name in front of the principal or business manager gives an edge over the alternatives (IE your competitors). Plus, if they’re having to go begging for funds from the education department, you want to make sure they know who you are too.

In health, procurement networks do tend to be quite complicated (and health admin in general, particularly in the public sector – we’ve identified up to 9 separate stratas of management in some cases – for instance, Department of Health -> regional health service -> area health service -> district health service -> health cluster -> individual hospital) so trying to target too narrowly will really hurt your ROI.

cakemarketing
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi,
    I have used Impact Lists quite a lot over the years for corporate direct mail and found them to be very helpful, cost effective and the lists are current. I believe I purchased the Impact Advantage Product.
    http://www.impactlists.com.au/productdetails.cfm/specialproductid=2

You can select:
    – industries
    – ask for some specific companies
    – single or multiple contacts in the one company
    – specific postcode range or states
    – many other criteria.

Just can contact them with the details, have them run a count and give you a quote and then decide to purchase a) the entire list or b) only a portion of the list.

If you receive any returned mail just send it onto them and they reimburse your account.

best of luck,
    Katie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.