Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Leads – The buck stops here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fusion
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

HI all,

A very warm welcome to everyone reading this thread. I am new to this forum and trying to put forward a question where things just freeze from there.

Often, how many of us come with models of making our way to the charts of entrepreneurs. After finishing the initial research and a basic outline of the business proposal, its time to look for takers for the plan : Individuals who deal in the proposed business sector, leads, contacts

To put this in perspective : I am an IT professional having no contacts in the clothing industry. I have a proposition of buying clothes from manufacturers overseas and selling to a retail giant or even a tiny boutique for that matter. The retail giant have all the information and services for existing suppliers. How can a person like me get the contact of the right person working at the retailer to discuss my proposal ?

A lot of my ideas or proposals take a back seat when I reach this stage. How many of you experience this ? Would love to be advised on breaking the shackles for this situation.
    I will post business model specific threads separately to get thoughts specific to a domain.

Thank you.

Regards,
    S

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Hi S and welcome to the Flying Solo forums :)

I’m not sure the exact question you’re asking here (and suspect the lack of replies to this post means others aren’t sure either).

Are you looking to find out how to get in direct contact with the best person at small retail shops? If so – the best way would be to simply call the shop or walk in the front door :)

Fusion
    Up

Thanks Kelly, appreciate your response. Apologies for not being very clear in asking the question.

You have understood my question right. With small scale retailers it would be easy to do the sales door to door. However, when it comes to retail giants it becomes a bit of a challenge. Can you throw some light on how to get the right leads / contacts at bigger retailers.

Thanks again Kelley.

(Any distributor / retailer in clothing / stationary, please pm me )

Regards,
    S

Nafac65
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hello my name is Nana I have just started my own clothing store here in Melbourne and was wondering if we can talk 0411541734.
    Thanks.

A very warm welcome to everyone reading this thread. I am new to this forum and trying to put forward a question where things just freeze from there.

Often, how many of us come with models of making our way to the charts of entrepreneurs. After finishing the initial research and a basic outline of the business proposal, its time to look for takers for the plan : Individuals who deal in the proposed business sector, leads, contacts

To put this in perspective : I am an IT professional having no contacts in the clothing industry. I have a proposition of buying clothes from manufacturers overseas and selling to a retail giant or even a tiny boutique for that matter. The retail giant have all the information and services for existing suppliers. How can a person like me get the contact of the right person working at the retailer to discuss my proposal ?

A lot of my ideas or proposals take a back seat when I reach this stage. How many of you experience this ? Would love to be advised on breaking the shackles for this situation.
    I will post business model specific threads separately to get thoughts specific to a domain.

Thank you.

Regards,
    S

JbytheBay
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Well you can always attend an Apparel and Clothing Trade Show, that’s where the big retail buyers go.

Fusion
    Up

Thanks JbytheBay ! Will explore that option further.

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

Why would big retail giants be interested in buying from you to begin with? Unless you have something remarkable to offer, or a new angle they cover all of their own bases-you are much better off building your own outlet structures, forming relationships with the boutique owners, or even building your own retail momentum from social media advertising and an eCommerce store!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.