Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Leederville Meetup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    ::

Hello Fellow Perth flying Solo members!

Who here would be interested in a pre Xmas meet up?

I suggest a casual encounter somewhere central like the CBD/Subiaco/Leederville starting around 3-4pm on a weekday.

Please register your interest by replying to this thread with a preferred date and lets see if we can do something.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hey there Gizmo,

Thanks for taking the reins on this one. We’ll be happy to give it a plug for you on Facebook and Twitter and in our Friday newsletter to help you get it off the ground.

Can I suggest that you set a time and place first though? We generally find that people become more inclined to commit once the date has been pinned down.

You might also like to consider making it earlier in the day – our observation over the past few years is that meetups that happen inside school hours are much more popular than those that occur at pick-up or drop-off times or after school has finished for the day.

Good luck with it all, and we will do what we can to support your efforts :)

Jayne

Gizmo
    Up

Good points, thank you very much!

Ok set let me set a time, date and approximate venue.

Wednesday the 19th Dec.
    1-3pm
    Leederville

Venue I have not planned yet as that would depend on numbers.

Please let me know if you can make it.

FS Concierge, post: 143373 wrote:
    Hey there Gizmo,

Thanks for taking the reins on this one. We’ll be happy to give it a plug for you on Facebook and Twitter and in our Friday newsletter to help you get it off the ground.

Can I suggest that you set a time and place first though? We generally find that people become more inclined to commit once the date has been pinned down.

You might also like to consider making it earlier in the day – our observation over the past few years is that meetups that happen inside school hours are much more popular than those that occur at pick-up or drop-off times or after school has finished for the day.

Jayne

Kit Walker
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 143394 wrote:
    Good points, thank you very much!

Ok set let me set a time, date and approximate venue.

Wednesday the 19th Dec.
    1-3pm
    Leederville

Venue I have not planned yet as that would depend on numbers.

Please let me know if you can make it.

Hello Gizmo

I am a newbie to Flyling Solo. I am, however, interested in the pre-Christmas meet-up on 19 December, and Leederville is a good location for me. Do you have a quorum in mind?

Regards

Kit Walker

Gizmo
    Up
    Kit Walker, post: 143414 wrote:
    Hello Gizmo

I am a newbie to Flyling Solo. I am, however, interested in the pre-Christmas meet-up on 19 December, and Leederville is a good location for me. Do you have a quorum in mind?

Regards

Kit Walker

Hi Kit,

I’m fine with any number that’s not me by myself :)

How about you do you think we should aim at a particular number?

Gizmo
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 143373 wrote:
    Hey there Gizmo,

Jayne

Hello Jayne is it in your “power” to notify all Perth based members via PM or something of this event so we can generate some interest?

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Gizmo,

I have many powers, but unfortunately not that one. :p

However, I do have the power to give it a plug in the Friday newsletter for you tomorrow, and we tend to find that we get a small flurry of activity after that happens.

We’ve also posted about the meet-up over on our Facebook page, so if you’d like to comment there encouraging others to join you, you’ll find the post here.

Don’t be discouraged if the first meet-up turns out to be small Gizmo – most of the groups do start out that way, and afterwards we often receive comments about how it was great to have time to get to know a few people really well rather than a larger group just in passing. Plus it is very close to Christmas, so some people will be frantic at this time of year.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Dinus
    • Total posts: 38
    Up
    Kit Walker, post: 143414 wrote:
    Hello Gizmo

Regards

Kit Walker

Sounds good – I’ll come along.

Gizmo
    Up

Excellent that makes two of us!
    Any more takers?

rachaelmilne
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I would be interested (also a newby) :)

Gizmo
    Up

That’s terrific that makes 3 of us any more interested?

Kit Walker
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 143496 wrote:
    Hi Kit,

I’m fine with any number that’s not me by myself :)

How about you do you think we should aim at a particular number?

Hi Gizmo

I agree: any number >1 works.

However, in the last week, I’ve been given a reality check / wake-up call about booking any meetings in the next two weeks. That is, my wife and I are expecting a baby any day :) So, I think I’ll have to be an ‘if-I-can-make-it-on-the-day’ for the Christmas drinks, i.e. if I’m not in hospital!

Alternatively, I would be happy to be part of something in the New Year, if that suits you.

Kit

Anonymous
    Up

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival Kit :)

Fingers crossed s/he will have her timing well-sorted and you’ll be able to get to both the Christmas catch-up and the hospital!

Good luck,
    Jayne

incredibleconcepts
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

I’m interested; newbie here too.

Gizmo
    Up

Thats great! 4 with a possible 5.

A wake up a call! I hope it was a good wake up call :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.