Home – New Forums Other discussions Legal and Tax Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jev
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I thought I’d post it here, maybe someone has been in a similar situation and can answer that.

I got a start-up and have overseas investors interested in investing a substantial amount of cash.

Questions:
    Do i need to run that past ASIC or can I raise funds without ASIC getting involved?
    What are the tax implications on the investment amount, will ATO ask a piece of that cake?

I don’t seem to be able to find clear answers on ASIC or on ATO website.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi Jev,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

You’ll probably need to consult an accountant for advice specific to your situation, but I’m hopeful some of our resident experts might be able to kick things off with some general advice for you.

It’s a bit quiet around here at the moment due to the long weekend, so please be patient with us, and there should be more people around again from Tuesday onwards.

In the meantime, we usually find that the more info you can share with us the more helpful we can be, so please feel free to add any details that might be pertinent to their advice. (For example, it may be helpful for them to know what type of business structure you’re operating under – a company? partnership? etc).

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.