Home – New Forums Tell me straight… let me know what you think

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

I thought you have a very clean and user friendly site.

Do you have plans for a Grand parenting page………………PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Thanks Red Press for the valuable feedback. What are pull quotes?

Thanks Burgo for your great ideas too. I’ll give the Grandparents page some special thought and consideration. I’m hoping to be a Grandparent in the next few years so I’ll be in a better position to empathise with your important role. Or are you having problems with your parents or parents in law? I don’t know your age.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

No Im the grandparent Grandkids of 3, 2, 1 & 4 months. Its a bit full on when they here together.
    My wifes an absolute treasure the way she copes, as for me typical insensitive old male. But I do love them and get heeps of joy from these 4 little individuals

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

I think that some pages are way too long. Maybe you could add an extra heading and then split them up. You could have more links from your top menu and to give a bit more space you don’t need a link to the page that you are on so that when you are on the “News” page you don’t need to have a link to “News”.

Also I noticed that some of the pictures don’t line up with what is on the page. The one that i noticed was the news page with “The Paradox of the Ideal Dad” beside a picture of “Child and Mum cooking”.

While having your details on the left hand side of the page with the content on the other is fine on short pages you are wasting space on the longer pages which means more scrolling by people visiting. What might work better is to have your details as a footer and then use the whole width.

Just an observation but I noticed that the site is hosted in Germany. But that’s OK because Creative Chaos host theirs in the USA.

Carole
    Up

Thank you BrightSpark,
    It’s terrific to get your opinions and suggestions. I need to get some more help from my computer whiz ( son’s friend) who is ultra busy.

Cheers
    Carole Disseldorp
    http://www.EasierParenting.com.au

Guiding Children’s Behaviour Successfully

Elizabeth Richardson
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hello Carole,

Nice, eye-catching, clean and easy to navigate website. I DO like your images.

What strikes me immediately is that there is no instructions on the home page – a call to act – something that tells me what to do next…like –

• browse through our articles
    • book a session with our counsellor etc

Your resources page is a better example of what I’m talking about.

When constructing a site, I usually do the home page last, comprising of a list of what can be found on the rest of the website – along with your phone number (or main contact details) in full view, preferably in the header.

Carole
    Up

I am very grateful to you, Elizabeth for giving valuable advice and some positive feedback.
    I have been lucky to get so much brilliant, free help from business people on this site.

organiser
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Carole,

I must admit that I did look at your site when I was a bit tired, but as a parent of young children, is there any other state of being????!

However, I found the font really hard to read, I got overwhelmed and although the site content definitely appeals to me as a parent of kids that can be challenging, I just scanned it, went cross-eyed and had to move on to something else!!

You could consider using a font that is wider-spaced. Verdana is a font used very often by web designers (all you web people out there feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!) for its readability.

Of course if you use a wider-spaced font, you’ll have more scrolling, which can also be overwhelming for tired, ragged parents. That might mean you might like to review the amount of text you have on each page, making some into extra pages.

Your logo is awesome and the colours and layout are clean and uncluttered – you’ve done a great job.

Regards,
    Rebecca.

ps – your ‘news’ and ‘contact us’ menu options aren’t the same colour as the rest of the main menu options.

Carole
    Up

Hi Rebecca,
    Thanks for letting me know what you think of my website.
    I will carefully consider your suggestions.
    Carole

Susan Oakes
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi Carole,

I really like your logo and here are a couple of suggestions for you to consider:

• Your title tag on all pages says the same thing – Easier parenting. If you want to get your pages picked up by Google etc you need a different title tag and meta description for each page. Have a look through Flying Solo website to see how it is done.
    • There doesn’t seem to be any keywords included or linking between pages. A good source to look at is SEO Book
    • Remove the payment options from the home page and move it to the services page.
    • Have the contact phone number more up front on each page to make it easier for someone to contact you
    • Think about shortening the copy so people do not have to scroll to read it all. The resources pages is really long and perhaps you could just list the topics with a link to the full information
    • In time think about having a case study page so prospective customers can see and read what you have done to help others.

Best of luck

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.