Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Letter Box Drops -Flyers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Averil Quinn
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

I make and sell natural skin care products, jewellery and watches. My products sell well at most markets that I attend. I want to encourage more traffic to my website and am wondering what other members think of doing letter boxs drops and that sort of marketing. I can do it myself or approach the people who delivery the local paper. I appreciate your opinion on this. Is it an effective marketing tool.

NickKaro
    • Total posts: 226
    Up

Hi Averil

It has worked for me and clients of mine in the past – but the best way to find out is to print a sample size (Vistaprint have 10k odd for $350 from memory) and spend a few afternoons dropping them off (or a portion) and then work out your return on investment/time.

quickbas
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Web-based advertising is easy to assess for effectiveness. The amount of extra traffic from flyers is difficult to track, so it may be hard to judge if your strategy is worthwhile.

One trick would be to have printed on the flyer “Mention this flyer for 5% off” or similar.

NickKaro
    • Total posts: 226
    Up
    quickbas, post: 206234 wrote:
    Web-based advertising is easy to assess for effectiveness. The amount of extra traffic from flyers is difficult to track, so it may be hard to judge if your strategy is worthwhile.

One trick would be to have printed on the flyer “Mention this flyer for 5% off” or similar.

That is a good point and what I have seen to overcome is to have a specific link http://www.sample.com/extra5 to try to point people to an easy to track page.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Hmmm…

Assuming that you can sell to anyone in Australia – why limit your marketing to just your surrounding area?

Are letterbox drops the answer to your marketing woes? I’m not so sure.

Best – Phil.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

Letterbox drops can be a very effective form of marketing, but the results can be different for everyone. If you can afford to give it a go, I’d encourage you to try a small amount and see if it works for you. You can also hand the flyers out at markets and hopefully pick up a little extra business.

As previously mentioned, it’s a good idea to direct web traffic to a specific page so you can track the effectiveness of the campaign.

It sounds pretty tiny, but generally a response of about 1-2% is considered a success with flyer drops: So if you deliver 5,000 and 100 people visit your site you’re doing well. It’s then up to your site to convert those visitors into sales.

People are very quick to write this kind of marketing off these days, but my mailbox is filled with crap from big companies with big, intelligent marketing departments almost daily, so there must be some merit in it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.