Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Like my website??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LunaMarga
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

I have not long started a Spiritual Healing business in Bendigo, Victoria.

I would appreciate some feedback on my website please.

http://www.lunamargahealing.com.au

1. What needs reviewing? Website
    2. What does your business do? Spiritual healing incorporating Reiki, Crystal Therapy, Intuitive Readings and Energy Clearing.
    3. Who is your target market? Broad market
    4. What specific concerns do you have? Nothing specific, just after some ideas that could give it that WOW factor and get people coming back and booking!!

Thanks for your help
    Chelle

nitro-it
    Participant
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Hi Soulfish,

Say no to Comic Sans. It’s a faux pas. All you need to do is Google “comic sans” and you’ll get the idea. It’s an unprofessional font and really only suited for comic books.

Once you change the font it probably won’t be so bad. Perhaps incorporate a little precis of the ‘My Journey’ text and the photo of yourself on the home page to instill trust.

Cheers
    Wayne

LunaMarga
    Up

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Any suggestions on a font? I want something with a bit of difference rather than Arial or TNR.

Is that the only criticism? Happy to take on board any other suggestions you may have.

cheers
    Chelle

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hey Chelle,

I’m surprised you’re not getting more responses, normally the web designers are all over these posts. I’m not a designer, so take my comments with a pinch of salt.

Font choices are personal, just try to avoid Comic Sans and Papyrus if you can. Just make sure it’s readable. Your new font doesn’t seem too bad but it’s still a bit style over function in my opinion (I’m not a designer though!)

Positive
    You’ve got plenty on text content which will help your SEO
    The site’s clean and easy to navigate
    There’s no broken images/links that I can see
    Your message is fairly clear
    You’re actively updating your blog

Negatives
    I really don’t like the white text on black background. It harks back to the early days of the web and it’s harder to read.
    You should have some of call to action on your home page. Something to funnel potential clients into what you want your website to do. e.g. “Click here to book a reading”
    It needs a bit of a tidy up, right now it screams 90’s but that might be the white text on black background.
    A logo would help.
    An email address and/or a phone number would help conversions. Preferably in the header (so it’s on every page)
    A location on the contact page, so people know if you’re in their area or not.

A nice exercise to do is to come up with ‘stories’ of people visiting your site.
    e.g. “I’m a 39 year old man interesting in getting a reading. I live in Melbourne and I’ve landed on your site after a google search”.
    In this case he lands on the home page, clicks the Reading link and is interested. But he’s not sure if you’re in his area. He can request some information from your contact page, which he does, but there’s no instant reply. So he goes back to his Google search results and finds someone with a telephone number and phones them up.

I hope this helps.

LunaMarga
    Up

Thanks for your feedback John. Will take on board and look to bringing my site into the 21st century LOL.
    I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

cheers
    Chelle

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi again Chelle,

Sorry that I ran out of time to comment yesterday, but I was also going to make similar comments to those made by John, i.e.:

• A font that looks less playful and more professional will make your whole site look classier and cleaner, so personally, I’d be going for one of the ones you were trying to avoid – like Arial. Give it a try and see what you think – you might be surprised!
    • White text on a black background is hard to read, so I’d flip that around. (On a personal level, I’m also finding the predominance of black counterintuitive for the website of an energetic business).
    • Love the personal stories you’ve included – they add real authenticity and make me feel you’ll be easy to connect with.
    • I think you definitely want your phone number and location in the banner, plus any mechanisms you can add for people who don’t want to buy now but might want to stay in touch, e.g. social media, email newsletter sign up.

Hope that helps!
    Jayne

LunaMarga
    Up

Thanks for the feedback.

I have had a bit of a play. Would appreciate your comments on the new look LunaMarga :D

Thanks

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

re updated site

I definitely like the new look better. Much easier on the eyes and looks clean and easy to navigate. Well done with the changes.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I’m not a designer, but I did look quickly at your site prior to the changes and the new version is heaps better IMHO.

The site does not appear to be “responsive” (change to suit browser size). I haven’t used Weebly, but I’d check out whether they have a way of at least delivering a mobile version of your site … the stat’s on how consumers are searching the web can’t be ignored … mobile rules.

Good luck with it.

LunaMarga
    Up

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.