Home Forums Other discussions Like our new site? Tell us what you think.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Samot
    • Total posts: 157

Thanks Peter for helping me restore my account =)

keep up the good work

exstatic
    • Total posts: 335

Hey Guys,

New site is looking good..

The only fall back I would see is the ability to search the whole forum easily.

At the minute from what I can tell is I need to go into a forum section, click search this forum and then click advanced search to get access to search all forums.

The search box in the top right only searches articles!

Otherwise.. all looks good so far.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Thanks exstatic!
    Good to see you across.
    Yes, we agree with your forum search comments. We’re looking into the best way to make forum searching easier and/or integrated in one.
    Cheers,
    Peter

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815

re Sub forum: Why join this forum

I think this forum needs it’s own section, not be a sub of another.
    It gets lost – we have a lot of new people posting there but it seems to get missed. Just thought it might need to be moved to it’s own section?

See attached image.

Cheers.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625

Another thing i’ve noticed, “today’s hot topics” no longer works for me.

Matt

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274

Hi Matt

Hmmm. Nothing has changed with ‘today’s hot topics’ as far as we can see, just be careful to click on the words, not the arrow as the latter just hides the sections.

Karen – We’ll have a think about your comments too.

Thanks all,

Robert

WendyBee
    • Total posts: 20

Getting used to it and it’s great. But, but, I’m in the UK and when I tried to do a search under the various categories to see whos who and how I should post, it only lists Australian locations. How about a menu that has countries as well as you have lots of international subscribers.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    BuckinghamW, post: 39219 wrote:
    Getting used to it and it’s great. But, but, I’m in the UK and when I tried to do a search under the various categories to see whos who and how I should post, it only lists Australian locations. How about a menu that has countries as well as you have lots of international subscribers.
    I didn’t think we had that many international subscribers, mainly because this site is focused on Australian solo and micro businesses. I’m really curious now as to how many international members we have!
    King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Melinda B, post: 39222 wrote:
    I didn’t think we had that many international subscribers, mainly because this site is focused on Australian solo and micro businesses. I’m really curious now as to how many international members we have!

We should not have any – it’s a forum for AU business. There should be an IP block on non AU.

lukew
    • Total posts: 43

First up I would like to say, ever since the new site went live, I have had continual sign in problems. The problem would come and go, but a large percentage of the time I could not sign in to post. The crew behind FS have been very helpful in trying to solve the issue.
    The only way I can fully log in to post is by using Safari, IE8 won’t work..

I too agree, there should be no international subscribers.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349

Really? I don’t have a problem with international subscribers as long as they’re not asking about issues that relate specifically to their country.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Hi all,
    Thanks for your comments. Yes, the forum and directory does cater for Australian businesses and the vast majority of our traffic is from Australia. We don’t go as far as IP blocking, as a lot of the information/discussion is also very helpful for businesses regardless of where they are located, however we remain focused primarily on the Australian market.

Luke, apologies for your login problems, I’m very happy to see you’re back in amongst it. We’re still working on yours and some remaining problems for a handful of members that we know of, but if anyone is having problems please contact us and we’ll investigate.

Cheers,
    Peter

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.