Home – New Forums Other discussions Limit on PMs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    ::

Had a PM this morning from some lovely guy, he’s looking for his life partner and apparenty I’m perfect!

Is it possible to set a certain number of posts before people are allowed to send PMs to stop this type of thing?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Bridie,

Sorry about the spammer this morning 😡

Your suggestion is an interesting one, but I can’t comment on whether it’s feasible logistically. I’ll check in with Peter and see what I can find out.

Thanks for the idea,
    Jayne

PS: You’ve always been perfect to us ;)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    bridiej, post: 124351 wrote:
    …apparenty I’m perfect!

…but your husband already knows that !! lol

I wonder why I didn’t get one :(

Wendy :)

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

I’m sad, I didn’t get one either. It’d be nice to have someone think I’m perfect.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

lol

I actually find it pretty creepy that sad individuals trawl forums etc. and try this kind of thing….. but it’s true, I just checked with my special tape measure and it said “Bridie Jenner, practically perfect in every way” ;)

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    bridiej, post: 124351 wrote:
    Had a PM this morning from some lovely guy, he’s looking for his life partner and apparenty I’m perfect!

Ha! He’s only human :D It appeared that he also found a few of our members perfect before we had zapped and banned him!

We’ve looked into options here and at this stage we’d like to keep the messaging open to all rather than let a few rotten apples ruin it for genuine connections.

What we have done is throttle way back the volume and frequency of private messages that can be sent over a set period. That way spammers will get sprung before they can send more than a few messages – hopefully it’s at a balance where legitimate users won’t be inhibited.

At this stage we’ll keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse we’ll tighten things up further to fight the time-wasting spammers!

Have a great weekend
    Peter

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I felt a little neglected that I hadn’t received one, and I had my first one today. Now I’m satisfied.

Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.