Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Link exchanges wanted for online store..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up
    ::

Hi there, I’m sure most of use know the importance of having links to our website. So I wanted to just see if there was anyone here with a website that is complimentary to ours that might want to look at opportunities to work together.

There is a good big article on SEO on this site I came across, and I just pulled out this section of the article about link popularity; http://www.bruceclay.com/web_rank.htm (please note, I’m not a member or affliated with this site in anyway)

“On the subject of link popularity — we consider links vital to long-term natural search engine optimization and ranking. The objective is this: if you get a site to link to you, then you gain popularity points. If that site has a lot of quality sites linking to it and it links to you, you get a lot more points, but if that site has few quality sites linking to it, you get only a few points. As such, a link from Microsoft.com would be worth more than a link from Bobspage.com, provided that both had content similar to yours. In essence, if enough quality sites link to you, then your site becomes a quality site by association. So you want the best sites, not the most, to link to you. Likewise, if you link to other quality sites, then your site is assumed to be a quality site by association. However, the sites must be covering the same topics as your linking page in both directions. All other links are of minimal importance (or in the case of spam, they may be ignored or even penalized). And do not bother to buy hundreds of URLs and cross-link them or buy into an advertising network. The search engines can identify them and filter them out faster than you can perform submission on these pages. At best, they are short-lived.”

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

I don’t do link exchanges, but I do have a directory if you want to add a listing – http://directory.businessmums.com.au

Melissa

mexham
    Up

Hi Melissa, thanks a lot for that. I’ve added our site to your directory today. Cool site, thank you. Mike

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Some free SEO advice: Try your best to get one-way inbound links, and focus on getting a few quality ones rather than lots and lots (like those mobs from India try to sell you).

Link exchanging is really only valuable if it’s a contextual and relevant. A simple “click here” from an insurance site isn’t worth near as much as a “get great hammocks here” on a furniture site. Know what I mean?

mexham
    Up

Thanks Jexley. Yeah that’s pretty much what the article said also.

That’s why I’m looking for certain complementary and relevant sites. I don’t really want to be filling my site with unnecessary external links either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.