Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Linkedin any good for marketing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    ::

Is linkedin any good for marketing?
    I want to get more in touch with herbalists (since I am selling medicinal herb plants) would linkedin be any good for that? Does anyone use linkedin for marketing?

m4engineers
    • Total posts: 121
    Up

LinkedIn is good for me, both here in Perth as well as in the USA. Made lots of connections and conversation to synergise, which otherwise wouldn’t happen.

Social media is not a place to sell, instead bring value to the communities and business will follow. Think like a farmer sowing seeds for the future all the time, rather than being a hunter … going for the kill!

Nicholas.Sheehan
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I’ve always felt like LinkedIn has a lot of potential. Though in my experience, I haven’t found their business platform very intuitive.

And most of the user activity is quite sales and recruitment focussed.

I’d be interested to see if others have had more success.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Use it for building reputation, not selling. And don’t try to cold sell to your network. many people, me included, will immediately cull anyone who sends a sales message.
    If you make informative posts and add value to your profile, potential customers will find you.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Like others above, I think of LinkedIn as a place for networking, not marketing.

Add value to discussions, groups etc by comments and articles and grow your network of people you wish to be associated with.

I treat it like a digital version of a real life networking event. Run around shoving business cards in everyone’s face (selling) and you probably won’t get much traction, – join groups, discuss topics and add value and you will find doors are more likely to open.

It does take some time though, but real relationships do anyway.

heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

Thanks for the input. Yes not very intuitive that’s what I find. I don’t want to sell there. More getting in touch with herbalists discussing some herb related things.

elissa.doxey
    • Total posts: 145
    Up

Herbalists and natural health practitioners who work from a practice generally use facebook pages, as that’s also what their customers/patients use.
    I use LinkedIn more than facebook for marketing, because thet’s where a lot of my customers are, but it’s a lot more expensive.

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi,

LinkedIn is great for growing your connections with a specific group of people. I have been growing my LinkedIn for about 14 months now, and I contribute to posts etc but never sell, and my connections are all my target market people, and I also joined groups to be part of a smaller community within LinkedIn.

Anyone that messages me to sell, I just delete.

If you want to do marketing you need to use the LinkedIn paid advertising, so you are not direct selling to your own connections, but to a broader range.

I am a B2B so LinkedIn is really important for my business.

Cheers
    Mischelle :)

amitjain
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I have found for my business which is more B2B, LinkedIn has worked very well. But there is a strategy that I follow which allows me to build the rapport and progressively allows me to know more about the business and requirements.

However, if for anyone it is B2C then Social media management can bring lot better and quicker results.

Ross Forrester
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

Linkedin is good for doing research on your potential contacts and trying to find a common point of interest. So it is great for marketing.

Some people use it as a place for selling. And that does not work.

Leeperry
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 252404, member: 88078 wrote:
    I want to get more in touch with herbalists (since I am selling medicinal herb plants) would linkedin be any good for that? Does anyone use linkedin for marketing?

Hey Heftzwecke, I’ve used the advertising side of LinkedIn before and it can be quite expensive. We found it great for content and reaching our ideal audience, but later launched with Facebook and found far greater performance, both cost wise and results wise.

If you are looking to target herbalists, I would suggest looking at all the media, publications and interests that they would be interested in i.e. specific magazines, products, websites, schools, and/or associations etc You can then place these into Facebook-not all will show-to see who could potentially be reached.

LinkedIn won’t give you the above, so unless they are active on LinkedIn themselves, you might find it a little more difficult. It’s still worth a try. We always test channels initially to see how they perform and determine what works best.

Hope this helps,
    Lee

Brionne Naish
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 252404, member: 88078 wrote:

If you are on linkedin as a premium member, you can type in the search bar “herbalist’ and you will get a full list of all business people

Linked in is a B2B

I am Research
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

If you are new, you will never know until you try and run some limited campaigns just to get a hang of it. For herbal medicines and such, the first thought is that LinkedIn is probably NOT that good. But you never know until you test the waters.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Linkedin is a great way to find connections which can lead to business transactions or partnerships.

The problem with Linkedin however is the sheer amount of spam over there. Its out of control.

I am Research
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    John Romaine, post: 253869, member: 39536 wrote:
    The problem with Linkedin however is the sheer amount of spam over there. Its out of control.

Isn’t it the case with any popular SM platform these days?

I’m all ears for a widely used SM channel that is not choke-full of spam as of 2018.

It seems wherever I look all I see is relentless selling. Any smaller SM platforms ?(which aren’t so fringe that there is hardly any traffic potential there)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.