Home – New Forums Tech talk Links…and my lack of knowledge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    ::

I honestly never thought I’d post a thread in this section. I’m hoping it’s not such a dumb question, so simple answers for me please 😮

I am starting a second income stream, totally different website, for the purpose of selling my (almost) completed ebook.

In my ebook there will be areas I will only touch on the basics. For these, I have some affiliates lined up, one of which is another author who has an ebook which goes into much more detail and I feel is good value for my customers.

I am planning on having:

1. An image, description and link to their ebook on my website. I understand they will be able to track the source of sales back to me through Analytics to calculate my payment, and to show the traffic I’m sending them

2. A link within my ebook to their ebook sales.

My question is, is the second part of my plan going to enable the other author to track the source back to me, or should I simply tell customers (in my ebook) to revisit my site for the links?

Or is there a better way to do it?

Wendy :)

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    ::

Hi Wendy,

Most affiliate programs will allow you to do this very easily.

If the eBook seller you are linking to is using a sensible system, you should be able to direct buyers to a link as simple as example.com/?ref=wendy

Placing a link in your eBook is as easy as putting it on the site. No need to send people back and forth.

If you want to go the next level you can set up a redirect. That would mean you could tell people to go to wendy.com/partner-ebook and they would automatically go to example.com/?ref=wendy

People use this technique to make the links look better, and often to hide that they are sending you through an affiliate link. Not that you would have anything to hide here – it’s just easier to type.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.