Home – New Forums Starting your journey Liquor licence for start up, in what order?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dano
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello Soloists,

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share their knowledge or experiences.

I’m currently researching a business idea which involves leasing a retail space. The products and services offered by the business require the premises to have a liquor licence.

While the concept/business idea is still in it’s infancy and there’s plenty more planning to be done, I’m unsure about what order I will need to approach various stages e.g. Do I sign a lease agreement for the retail space and then apply for the liquor licence? Can I put conditions on a lease agreement pending the approval of the liquor licence? I don’t think I can I apply for a liquor licence without a specific premises, but I may be wrong?

Does anyone have experience with starting a business that involves liquor licences?

Thanks,
    Dane

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Dane,

Welcome aboard the forums! Sounds like an exciting venture you’re planning – best of luck. :)

Hopefully someone with liquor experience will drop by to help you out.

Dave

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

You may have to get the lease first and then get the licence, just make sure you find out enough information about the liquor licence agreement in your state so you can actually apply for the licence.

That’s it. If you reside in Sydney, I think it’s around $500? It was a while ago when I applied for mine (different licence to what you will have though so I don’t know details for retail).

Cheers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.