Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Living the Dream… or is it mid life crisis?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mattl
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I have spent the last couple of years working hard and ticking the boxes.
    Now I’ve left Sydney behind for a Tree change. I have designed and built my dream sustainable home on acreage in the Mid North Coast hinterland and paid off my mortgage.
    I’m happily married and have 2 great kids. The wife has gone to work, the kids are at school and I have just woken up from my midday granny nap.
    You might think that I am living the life… I am!
    The final piece of my life’s puzzle is to start my own business. I want to be able to give my experience and knowledge in sustainability to anyone that wants to take control of their own building project.
    Over the years I have developed management tools for myself that bring control to the entire building process. I offer these tools free. Don’t get too excited they are just a series of interactive excel spreadsheets.
    The use of these spreadsheets gives complete control and transparency over the entire design and build process. If they are used as intended you will save money and time and you will be less stressed.
    My web designer told me that my website (draft only) will be available today. I am excited.
    Please check it out at http://www.greenifyconsulting.com.au .
    In the meantime I will continue to browse this forum for helpful tips on how to run my own business.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Matt,

Rest assured your living the dream. Your physical and mental health will surely benefit by your lifestyle.
    Welcome to the forum

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Matt,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for sharing your story with us.

I hope you do pick up plenty of handy tips from us here. Please feel free to start a new thread to discuss any issues relating to your new business that you’d like help with.

Long live the lunch time Nana nap! ;)

Jayne

michnichols
    • Total posts: 236
    Up

Hi Matt,

What a great story!

Welcome to the forum and look forward to hearing more.

Michelle

PS A lover of Nanna Naps too (& included on my FS Spotlight)

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Nothing wrong with a mid-life crisis! ;)

Mine involved selling everything and heading to South America while running my business remotely: http://nakedchronicles.com/

And haven’t regretted a minute of it!! :)

mattl
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

It has been a little over a week since my website went live and I had my first interested lead ring me up today.
    We talked for about 10 seconds before my mobile phone battery went flat. They didn’t ring back.
    Lesson one – don’t let the kids play mine craft on the phone!

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    mattl, post: 153293 wrote:
    It has been a little over a week since my website went live and I had my first interested lead ring me up today.
    We talked for about 10 seconds before my mobile phone battery went flat. They didn’t ring back.
    Lesson one – don’t let the kids play mine craft on the phone!
    Why didn’t YOU ring back? Apologise and say your phone went flat. They’re not going to care. They will care and go somewhere else if they think you hung up on them and wasn’t interested in their business.

I wouldn’t call back, I’d go to the next person on my list.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.