Home – New Forums Other discussions Local noticeboards – do you need tear off contact details?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matt Hanson
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

My new flier printed out brilliantly. It is in nice colour and on hard card. I just put one up at the local noticeboard, and it definitely stands out. I haven’t put tear off details at the bottom and I wonder how you feel about this?

I figure most people will just take note, remember the name, and google it later, or write it into their phone if they want to.

Is this a massive blunder?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I think the tear-off number is a good idea, but include your business name as well. Nothing worse than finding a tear-off number in your purse and not remembering what it was for !! No reason why you couldn’t pin up a sheet of them separately under your flyer?

I always take a second look when I see others have already taken the details, so make sure you tear a couple off first lol

Wendy :)

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233
    Up

I reckon if they REALLY wanted to remember your service they would have taken note of the name to google, or taken a photo of the flyer with their phone… that’s what I do. ;)

If they flyer looks really great, and the text is legible enough for people to read from a distance and in passing, it should do the job for you regardless of not having tear-offs. :)

Daniel12345
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

I have tried the tear offs as well, I think it is important to have the option but most people I saw at the notice would just take a photo of it with their phone. So I doubt you are losing much by not having the option.

Cheers
    Daniel
    http://www.haleandfun.com.au

Marc D
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi,
    I think you need to do everything you can to make it easy for the customer to buy from you and so tearoffs, I think, are almost mandatory. People are free to use phones or remember details and look it up later. But only if they remember. I bought a desk yesterday because the tearoff on the breakfast bar keeps reminding me even though I took it a week ago.

Regards

Marc

Matt Hanson
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Thanks for the input. Seems about 50:50 like my mind on the issue.

Another consideration; the time it takes to print off, cut up and make the tear off sections and the unprofessional final look (of the tattered bottom) makes me think I won’t bother.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

From what I see in my local supermarket, music lessons like yours are ones that people tear off contact details the most. Especially as you are looking for local clients.

On the tear off include Drum Lessons / phone / website

I think it’s worth trying.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Tear offs are great, in the sense people dont need to take the whole advert away (and yes some people still do that), also you could the mobile code (funny looking pic that is a cross between a maze or jigsaw piece, you use you phone like you would take a picture, but the camera scans the hidden information …. which could be a website, business name and number etc…. the link above goes to the telstra (sorry if you hate telstra but i dont know who else does them) creation of these images…

Jenish Pandya
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

I would suggest having a QR code (pointing to your site or fbook page )on the flyer. it is not a tested method but it would make your flyer more unique and get more attention.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.