Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Locating and Grabbing ‘Test’ Clientele

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rdavies1973
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi all

Over the past few days I have made a fairly solid decision to set up a training business.

The initial products of the business will be introductory AutoCAD and introductory Revit. These are 2 of the main software packages associated with the Building Design/Architectural industries.

I’m in the process of obtaining costs for procuring the various elements for the business including rental costs for a dedicated office/training facility.

In the meantime, I want to ‘test’ my products on groups of up to 3 people in my office at home.

This is to ensure that my training packages ‘work’, review any issues (e.g. timing/logistics), and also to gain feedback from clients to iron out kinks from their perspective.

My question … what could be some ways of getting hold of this audience? I’m probably only looking for max. 6 punters (3 per class).

Incentives could include a heavy discount, reduced fees for any follow-up courses, ‘x’ number of free onsite consults etc. Obviously I can’t offer incentives if I don’t have an audience.

Cheers in advance.

Rhys

Y LearnMarketing
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Not sure if it’s relevant or ever going to help you, but have you considered tutoring.

Maybe put your ads on Gumtree or some forums for students.

I guess you just need to work out your style of teaching, what works for you and your students.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

If may be just a matter of some cold calling or speaking with some industry heads like the master builders to see if they could send out your offer to their data base.

You could also try a software reseller and see if they would promote to their data base or gather a few new clients together for you.

If you want any other help getting your business going I am happy to help, I have several clients in the trades industries and I am familiar with the area you have discussed.

rdavies1973
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi all

Thank you for the feedback.

‘Y Marketing’ … I’m already a tutor both with TAFE and privately. Both have their upsides. The private tutoring is very fickle and certainly not something to rely on (in my case anyway).

MissSassy … one of my wife’s suggestions was to approach builders. It certainly sounds good.

At the moment I think I’ve found a test audience to target. Will hopefully find out at the end of the week if I can get the go-ahead to approach them.

Rhys

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    rdavies1973, post: 192701 wrote:
    MissSassy … one of my wife’s suggestions was to approach builders. It certainly sounds good.

Yes us wives are very smart!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.