Home – New Forums Starting your journey lodging a DA Consent and other required documents to council

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    b-licious
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    Could anybody within the beauty/hair industry please tell me what is involved in filling in all required documents to council.
    I have found a shop that I like and am ready for this next step with my business but after going to my local council there seems to be alot of paperwork involved half of which I have no idea on how to fill out correctly.
    The shop I have found does not need any structural changes as it already has a divider wall. I will need to put up 2 temperary walls but not ceiling height.

If there is anybody that has opened a salon from scratch that can give me a heads up on what I need to do I would be very greatfull.
    TIA

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi b-licious,

Ugh, that sounds confusing!

I hope that someone here can help you get your head around it.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum – I hope you’re enjoying this planning stage of your new business.

Jayne

elig84
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi there

Just to clarify if you’re in NSW? If you are, you don’t always need to lodge a DA. These types of businesses can sometimes be fast tracked and bypass Councils. I’m a town planner and often lodge DAs for retail projects. Feel free to get in touch if you need more advice- [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.