Home – New Forums Starting your journey Logo advice

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #987700
    Buy Australian Made
    Member
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    0
    ::

    Finalising a logo for a new business which provides specialist heating and cooling installations, repairs and maintenance for the domestic market. Some people who have seen the logo have expressed some concern about the flame inside the house. I would appreciate your comments and the logo attached. Thanks Stephen

    #1163989
    PineapplePear
    Member
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::

    I don’t think the flame makes me think the house is going to burn down, is that the concern?

    However I question if it actually needs to be there? The sun/snowflake conveys the heating cooling aspect already so not sure why the extra flame is needed.

    The simpler you can keep the logo the better :)

    Hope this helps.

    #1163990
    Buy Australian Made
    Member
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    0
    ::
    PineapplePear, post: 189735 wrote:
    I don’t think the flame makes me think the house is going to burn down, is that the concern?

    However I question if it actually needs to be there? The sun/snowflake conveys the heating cooling aspect already so not sure why the extra flame is needed.

    The simpler you can keep the logo the better :)

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks. Yes, that was what people’s concern was, that it made it look like the house was burning down, point taken about keeping it simple.
    Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Cheers Stephen

    #1163991
    PineapplePear
    Member
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::
    Buy Australian Made, post: 189737 wrote:
    Thanks. Yes, that was what people’s concern was, that it made it look like the house was burning down, point taken about keeping it simple.
    Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Cheers Stephen

    no problems. :)

    #1163992
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    I agree the flame is not needed.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1163993
    Blue Jet
    Member
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    0
    ::
    Buy Australian Made, post: 189728 wrote:
    Finalising a logo for a new business which provides specialist heating and cooling installations, repairs and maintenance for the domestic market. Some people who have seen the logo have expressed some concern about the flame inside the house. I would appreciate your comments and the logo attached. Thanks Stephen

    I also agree the flame in the middle of the house is not needed.

    What does Tradees mean? Is it Tradies?

    All the best Stephen.

    Thanks,
    Joey

    #1163994
    fanixaus
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    0
    ::

    I showed your logo to a mate of mine who designs corporate logos for a living. He is very good at his job. He said your logo is good, however, he said that he would remove the flame inside the house, as there is already too much going on within the logo. By removing the flame it leaves you with something simpler. In his expertise, simplicity is key.

    #1163995
    Buy Australian Made
    Member
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 189747 wrote:
    I agree the flame is not needed.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    Thanks Matt

    #1163996
    Buy Australian Made
    Member
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    0
    ::
    Blue Jet, post: 189830 wrote:
    I also agree the flame in the middle of the house is not needed.

    What does Tradees mean? Is it Tradies?

    All the best Stephen.

    Thanks,
    Joey

    Yeah Joey, just a play on words…. and Tradies wasn’t available as a URL but Tradees was.

    #1163997
    Buy Australian Made
    Member
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    0
    ::
    fanixaus, post: 189836 wrote:
    I showed your logo to a mate of mine who designs corporate logos for a living. He is very good at his job. He said your logo is good, however, he said that he would remove the flame inside the house, as there is already too much going on within the logo. By removing the flame it leaves you with something simpler. In his expertise, simplicity is key.

    Thanks for going to the trouble of showing the logo to a mate, very much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Stephen

    #1163998
    BrandOwl
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi
    Yes I agree, the flame is not needed here. I’d also suggest putting the heating/cooling symbol you have inside the house – after all that is what you are doing – heating and cooling the inside of the house. I’d also move your tagline under “Tradees” to keep it neat and then you’d have two separate elements to your logo that you could use in different ways where appropriate, eg the house with the symbol inside is a nice little icon for your facebook profile pic and all your other social networking that requires an avatar in a small size, instead of using the symbol + the name.

    Good luck!
    Siobhan

    #1163999
    Craig_Longmuir
    Member
    • Total posts: 556
    Up
    0
    ::

    id ditch the extra flame in the house, and move the snowflake/sun in the house….and change the house from yellow to something more neutral that fits with the red and blue….:)

    #1164000
    Forensic01
    Member
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    0
    ::

    Yes, I agree – replace the flame with the snowflake/sun! This will give you a great little image to use elsewhere in your marketing strategies.

    #1164001
    jesterx
    Member
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    0
    ::

    i really think that you have three options….

    1) Deal with an expensive graphic designer.

    2) Show your friends and keep doing drafts.

    3) Go to 3 designers on ELANCE who are by the way really good, and get them to do 3 designs totally different and pick the one you like best.

    #1164002
    Cats
    Member
    • Total posts: 85
    Up
    0
    ::
    Buy Australian Made, post: 189728 wrote:
    Finalising a logo for a new business which provides specialist heating and cooling installations, repairs and maintenance for the domestic market. Some people who have seen the logo have expressed some concern about the flame inside the house. I would appreciate your comments and the logo attached. Thanks Stephen

    I’d make the whole house yellow (no window) and put the snow flake there. It shows both heating and cooling for the house. Otherwise the logo is too busy and you don’t know where to look. People won’t remember it. Give it a go and see if you like it.
    Cats

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.