Home – New Forums Starting your journey Logo Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    BrisVegasGhost
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

For those that have started your own business how did you go about getting your logo made?

Did you do it online with the many logo generators or did you engage a professional to assist?

I have in mind what I want so I am just weighing up the 2 options.
    Would like to hear what others decided to choose.

Cheers

TheAdverts
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

You’d be surprised of the quality you could get on Fiverr.

Here’s a couple of logo gigs I recommend:

https://www.fiverr.com/graphicsoven/write-your-short-message-among-coffee-steam–2?funnel=2014122003264557013931300

https://www.fiverr.com/ei8htz/design-2-outstanding-logo?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=201412200325364689401140

Slip these guys a few bucks if you’re in need of a logo and have a tight budget.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Fiverr?

Logo generator?

If you are just starting this may be acceptable.

If you want real branding, from someone who understands what you are trying to do in your business, understands your target market, knows how branding REALLY works, you will need to spend a little bit of money hiring a branding expert.

Yes it’s costs, but it’s such a important part of your business it’s worth it.

joeljp
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    TheAdverts, post: 205357 wrote:
    You’d be surprised of the quality you could get on Fiverr.

Here’s a couple of logo gigs I recommend:

https://www.fiverr.com/graphicsoven/write-your-short-message-among-coffee-steam–2?funnel=2014122003264557013931300

https://www.fiverr.com/ei8htz/design-2-outstanding-logo?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=201412200325364689401140

Slip these guys a few bucks if you’re in need of a logo and have a tight budget.

Agreed on Fiverr! What I did was to give the job to 4 designers and select the best of the 4. Total cost $20, amazing value!

Malvolio
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Just be mindful that if you use a service like Fiverr or any design competitions, they usually haven’t gone through the necessary checks to ensure the designs don’t infringe copyright or any trademarks. So it can be a bit hit-and-miss, as many people who make logos through those services tend to have a collection of images and icons they will keep using – so there’s a very high likelihood that you will see your logo somewhere else with a different business name on it in the future.

I have had to help a number of clients who have been caught out by this and have had to get me to create them a completely original logo, which is a pain when it comes to rebranding for the client. The logo might be cheap in the outset from a service like Fiverr, but if you run into problems and then have to get your stationery, business cards, website, vehicle signage, uniforms and more rebranded, it can become a very costly exercise down the track.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi :)

This is completely up to you and will depend on budget and how much you value professional design.

One thing to note – however you tackle it – make sure you are digging deeper into your brand – it’s values, how you want to be perceived, how your target customer should feel when they interact with you.. then design work / logo design should flow from that.

Good luck!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

It all depends really on if you think your logo will be all that sells your business, if you are only relying on the logo as your point of sale, sure spend hundred or thousands. But in all reality the customer is looking at your offering and your service or product.

You could have the best logo in the world but if everything else doesnt stack up it is the biggest waste of space and money. A bit like page 1 ranking on google, why bother if your other business fundamentals dont stack up.

dragonindustry
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I just recently posted a logo design job on elance, and got priced everywhere from $20 all the way up to $500.

I ended up paying $40, but was really taken by a proposal that wanted $180, but just didn’t want to spend that much on it.

Got great service for $40. Sent my idea to them as soon as the job was started, they came back in a day with five samples, I chose the one I liked and then unlimited revisions (I only needed 1) until your satisfied, then you pay.

Worked perfect for me, and I’ll do it that way again if I need to.

quickbas
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

I have used fiver twice, once for website submission to directories (useless) and once for logo design. The logo was $20 all up, with unlimited revisions (I made 2) and I was happy with the final result.

I think fiverr can be useful for those who don’t need the full branding thing. But aware there are many, many shonky players on fiverr – look at the reviews and portfolio of each offer before you commit.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I used Fiverr once to get a logo designed out of curiosity and the designer sent me back the Qantas logo. Be careful.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 206359 wrote:
    I used Fiverr once to get a logo designed out of curiosity and the designer sent me back the Qantas logo. Be careful.This.

Does anyone really think you are not just getting a ripped off copy for $40 dollars for 4 concepts and unlimited revisions?

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

For a super quick and dirty solution…. You could make it yourself –

http://www.squarespace.com/logo/

angesaav
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi,

It is very important for you first to define the personality of your business, how would you like to be perceived by your targeted audience, your audience characteristics, what differentiate your product/service from the competence, what is your value proposition, and so forth.

For us, for example, is very important to understand all these aspects of the business in order to create an accurate design…. a logo with the right texture and colours mix that truly impact your market.

The final logo must reflect the personality of your business.

We are not the cheapest in the market, but rest assured you will get a professional logo design.

Cheers,

Angelo

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi,

We have recently been through this process ourselves after building the original logo ourselves. We had a very good experience using design crowd. With Design Crowd you tell the designers what your business is about, the ideas you have and let them go to work. Using Design Crowd if you are not happy with any of the logo ideas you don’t have to pay. We paid about $250 and received over 100 different logo submissions. Couldn’t be happier.

Good Luck

PrestigeBacklinks.com
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    BrisVegasGhost, post: 205356 wrote:
    For those that have started your own business how did you go about getting your logo made?

Did you do it online with the many logo generators or did you engage a professional to assist?

I have in mind what I want so I am just weighing up the 2 options.
    Would like to hear what others decided to choose.

Cheers

Hi there

We have had experience with Design Crowd and 99 Designs. Design Crowd had more of an initial cost but you get a large range of submitted designs and can request subsequent revisions until you are satisfied.

With 99 Designs my favourite option is to (on their home page) scroll right down to “Ready-made logos” and they have a directory of almost 60,000 logos at a much lower price of $99.

Kind regards
    Geoffrey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.