Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Logo – feedback needed on best of 2 options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DC
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m just starting a new online business focusing on water and the environment. I have 2 logos I’m considering and would welcome some feedback on impact/look and feel. The logo will be on the website and marketing materials/products. One is more conservative than the other.

Thanks,
    DC

kbrookes
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

I prefer the font of the first, the colour gradients of the second.

Though surely this business name lends itself to an interesting visual logo also?

It might help to tell us a little about the business to determine the appropriateness of the logo.

DC
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    kbrookes, post: 43224 wrote:
    I prefer the font of the first, the colour gradients of the second.

Though surely this business name lends itself to an interesting visual logo also?

It might help to tell us a little about the business to determine the appropriateness of the logo.

Thanks Kelsey,

Yep, I’ll be selling reusable water bottles with the logo on them over the web and at local markets. I’m hoping the logo has some impact, rather than having to be interpreted, and it may start to be noticed around communities.

DC

kbrookes
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Sounds like a great name for the product. The choice of colours are clearly indicative of the product itself and (I presume) the environmentally friendly aspect of the product?

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Hi, no offence but I think neither of these logos convey what you do sufficiently. People are very visual creatures, so we respond to an image – even if that image only gives a very simplified impression of an idea, as in a logo. As the logo will be on the bottles themselves, it may seem self-explanatory – however the logo needs to work across all forms of media. I’m happy to knock up a quick logo at no charge to show you what I mean, let me know – all I need is your target audience, and the colour of the bottles, the rest of the info is already in this thread.

Sir Movealot
    • Total posts: 91
    Up

Hey DC,

I prefer the first logo. I also think it would be great to take up Leisa on her offer and see what ideas she has.

It seems like a great idea. Wish you all the best with your business and choosing your logo.

Cheers

Mickeyrat
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

I agree with what has been said previously, I think an image would have more impact especially on the water bottles….a cloud or raindrop are the first things that pop into my mind. Definetely worth taking up Leisa on her kind offer, to give you something else to think about.

By the way love the name!

Michelle

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

I agree with Kelsey on the colour of the first but the colour gradient on the second.

A raindrop or cloud are great ideas as when you think water that is what comes to mind as Mickeyrat said.

The Profit Frog
    • Total posts: 113
    Up

DC,

I checked out your logo… and read the feedback you’ve received thus far.

I admit to being one of the confused… it wasn’t until I read more information about what your business will be that I made a connection with water.

Cloud Tap doesn’t tell me anything about what your business product or service is.

The thing I note about logos is that it almost must embody your USP…
    What is unique about your business?
    Will there be images incorporated into the logo? (Such as the cloud or raindrop… great ideas…)

The advice you’ve received is more than useful.

Good luck
    Terri

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

I quite like the idea of very basic/direct logos on foodstuffs.
    A quick look in the fridge or pantry will show the packaging itself is the most identifiable, whether it be the red bottle of Masterfoods tomato sauce or the clear glass bottle of Maggi sweet chilli sauce etc. The list is never ending. Great connective packaging, rather crap logos but trusted and successful none-the-less.

Great name. Good luck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.