Home – New Forums Tech talk Logo help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Susie75
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am in the midst of the fun process of having a logo designed for my new online store.
    I have had some initial designs done on Fiverr, one which I’m pretty happy with.

I just paid the basic $5 fee for a design I liked but now I need to take it to the next level and have the logo sent to me in all the different formats I need.

I will need it for my website store, business cards, printed brochures and eventually for clothing and sign written on my vehicle.

There are all sorts of options (at varying prices) that the sellers offer. My question is, what do I actually need?

Some of the options that sellers on Fiverr offer include:

3D Mockup

High Resolution–

Logo Transparency

Source File

Social Media Kit

Stationery Designs

Do I need all of these? Or do I just need the source file?

Thanks in advance

eatyourveggies
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

The logo should have been designed in Adobe Illustrator or other similar software which creates “vector” files, not “bitmapped” files.

1. You want the original (“source”) file from this software, including the font files for any fonts used in the design

95% of designers will have designed in Adobe Illustrator. The Illustrator file is needed when you give your logo to someone else for changes. Without the Illustrator file, it’s difficult to make changes. You can also give an Illustrator file to 95% of print houses.

Worst case, if they didn’t use Illustrator to create the design, then as a “source” file, you want an EPS file. This is very similar to an Illustrator File but it can be opened by anyone in any software (that knows what they’re doing). Changes can be made to the logo but not quite as easily as making changes in an Illustrator file. 100% of print houses should be able to open an EPS file.

Illustrator (or EPS) files are used for printing. So once you have a logo in Illustrator (or EPS) format, a designer can then design up any brochures / business cards / etc… and again, save that design in Illustrator (or EPS) format for printing.

From the Illustrator (or EPS) file, any other format of file can be created. The most common format you’ll need is:

2. PNG file (with transparency, if relevant), about 500px wide. This can be used for websites. 500px wide is big enough to be a big banner image on a website, or the coder can scale it down to be as small as an icon if needed.

That’s really all you need.

In the time I wrote this, I could have done it for you. Send me the file and I’ll give you the formats you need and won’t charge you.

superman
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Go with the vector files so that image can retain its quality in all dimensions. vector images can be printed in any dimensions without losing the image quality.
    Hope you already have the logo printed. In my opinion, a logo is the fingerprint of our firm. so make it unique and meaningful. I designed my logo by myself using online tools. This is a collection of good logo designs adopted by small business http://www.clubink.ca/blog/logo-design/6-creative-logos-from-small-companies/ .
    The logo of that cancer-related firm is really meaningful in all sense.

Susie75
    Up

Thanks Superman! I agree those are all great designs. I’m actually pretty happy with the one I have had designed on Fiver but the colours are a bit insipid and the person who designed it for me was not very pleasant to deal with so I have a logo but all i need is the colours changed – do you know if I could do that from a vector file?

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Susie,

From the source file and the correct software you should be able to do anything.

Best of luck
    Steve

ckgdesign
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

Building the most important image of your business from a $5 logo. What can I say?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ckgdesign, post: 240930, member: 59271 wrote:
    Building the most important image of your business from a $5 logo. What can I say?

Yeah exactly, personally I think they paid to much.

Coca Cola = $0
    Google = $0

I guess Nike got ripped of when they paid $35

superman
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

If you need to change the color , use the color with shades of blue as in logos of Twitter or Skype.
    I am attaching some more famous logos. What we can see here is that most of them have shades of blue color (Blue is really a pleasant color to human eyes). Hope will help you
    helps https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F122081%2FS-Skype-logo.png
    intel.png

twitter-logo-vector-download.jpg
    5f3517ba71040edd5f9b6c2945c99638.png

adam_m
    • Total posts: 114
    Up
    bb1, post: 240932, member: 53375 wrote:
    Yeah exactly, personally I think they paid to much.

Coca Cola = $0
    Google = $0

I guess Nike got ripped of when they paid $35
    I came across a small startup business recently that got ripped off to the tune of $1700 for a very average logo.

adam_m
    • Total posts: 114
    Up
    If you can get what you want for $5 why not …
    As a designer its sad but its the competitive world we live in.
    vinainna
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Very hard to say something…I agree. But we didn’t see a logo and maybe its really relevant. We also don’t know much about Susie75 business goals and expectations. Susie, write us please how will be going your business in several months. Its really interesting. Because the question “does identity influence on a business” is always on the top.
    Susie75
    Up

ckgdesign, Is that a direct question to me? I don’t know, what can you say?!
    I see you’re a designer so I’m not surprised you feel like that but I have a logo I like and I’m happy with, so I’d say I got a bargain for $5. Perhaps people get talked into paying thousands of $ outlay when setting up a business that is completely unnecessary :-)

Susie75
    Up
    superman, post: 240992, member: 87366 wrote:
    If you need to change the color , use the color with shades of blue as in logos of Twitter or Skype.
    I am attaching some more famous logos. What we can see here is that most of them have shades of blue color (Blue is really a pleasant color to human eyes). Hope will help you
    helps https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F122081%2FS-Skype-logo.png
    intel.png

twitter-logo-vector-download.jpg
    5f3517ba71040edd5f9b6c2945c99638.png

Susie75
    Up
    Susie75, post: 241107, member: 75608 wrote:
    thankyou!
    Susie75
    Up
    vinainna, post: 241089, member: 87815 wrote:
    Very hard to say something…I agree. But we didn’t see a logo and maybe its really relevant. We also don’t know much about Susie75 business goals and expectations. Susie, write us please how will be going your business in several months. Its really interesting. Because the question “does identity influence on a business” is always on the top.
    Thanks for your input, but this is actually completely off topic to my question!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.