Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Logo review – for upcoming accounting service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RudedogCA
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’ll only started dipping my toes into the fantastic trove of knowledge on the forums, so I thought I’ll chuck my logo out and get some comments. So here goes:

1. The business is into offering accounting/tax advice to small businesses right at the initial phase of their incorporation, right down to the technical stuff of preparing financial statements for those businesses that might require it.

I would appreciate feedback on whether you “get” the logo, and whether you have seen it somewhere else… When I stepped back and looked at it… I first thought of the WHO.. Hopefully thats just me… Many thanks!

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

The icon is too big/complex, make it even simpler and size more relative to typeface.

[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220361/calculator.JPG[/IMG]

The colour is also a little washed out and flat in my opinion.
    And have your designer work on the letter spacing, it’s needs a lot of tightening up.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi RudedogCA,

I think its very clear what the logo looks like.
    But I agree with Dave that it may be a little complex. I also like his suggestion even if it doesnt obviously resemble a calculator.

Steve

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Agree with Dave. Too large and too complex.

I quite like his stripped down version.

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Have to agree with Dave and Steve. I missed that it represents a calculator. Maybe square it off somewhat? I would also consider placing ” Clever accounting done smartly” over your name and ” CA, CPA and Registered Tax Agent” under your name.

All best,

Lindsay

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi RudedogCA,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and good on you for being brave enough to request a review on your first visit.

There are some great suggestions there to kick things off, but in general you’ll find the community becomes most inclined to offer advice and support once they’ve gotten to know you a little.

With that in mind, we’d love it if you’d head over to the New members section of the forum and tell us a bit about yourself and your business.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Jayne

RudedogCA
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Many thanks everyone, I’ll taken everyone’s advice on board. Back to the drawing board… Watch this space!

AdvanTax Group
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

I agree with all above posters – I also think the wording could be changed a little. Clever accounting ___ smartly. I think the ‘done’ sounds a bit… basic. Just an opinion, but I like the logo with perhaps a sharper colour, the calc was immediately obvious to me.

Cheers

Alysha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.