Home – New Forums Starting your journey Look for small business owners, new job board

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Y marketing
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi,

They say the best business idea is to solve your own problems. Because of all the difficulties we have had during our freelancing career, we decided to create a new website ourselves. Unlike any other outsourcing sites or crowdsourcing sites, we only focus on the market in Australia.

It took us about a year on and off to create this new job board: WASAROO.

The website is built to help local business owners and freelancers in Australia. Any kind of business big or small are welcome to join. We only just started testing the site. It does not have much yet, but hey it’s free. So let us know what you think of it. We are happy to hear any kind of feedback from you.

Thanks so much,

LuckyDip
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Looks like your site is not live? (link took me to the crazy domains holding page)

Y marketing, post: 192597 wrote:
    It took us about a year on and off to create this new job board: WASAROO
    Y marketing
    Up
    LuckyDip, post: 192598 wrote:
    Looks like your site is not live? (link took me to the crazy domains holding page)

My bad. accidentally put the wrong URL. haha

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Y Marketing,

Thanks for joining the forum – I hope you pick up lots of handy info here to help you get your business up and running.

Welcome aboard,
    Jayne

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi there

I like the site – nice and clean.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your point of difference between other similar sites (freelancer.com, elance, odesk etc.)? Is it just that you are Australian only? I’ve used all of them to hire people and also look for work myself and I definitely think there is room for something else and just want to understand whether this might be it.

My biggest problem is the difficulty in finding top-end freelancers and I get swamped with offers from people who aren’t qualified to do the work. There are also times I’d like somebody local who I could at least have a chance of meeting in person and certainly somebody who can speak English. As a consultant myself I don’t really bother with using them to find work as I operate at a different price bracket to the <$30 per hour crowd predominantly using them but I'd be much more likely to look for some side projects if I could use a site that had more of a premium offering. The business clients I deal with would never (although never say never) consider using a freelancer site to find temporary workers but I'm sure they would be far more likely if there was some quality guarantee and the workers were Australian. All the best with your site.

Y marketing
    Up

Thanks Daniel for your feedback.

My partner definitely did a fantastic job on designing and developing it.

Our initial idea was really simple. How can we find more projects to do? How can we compete with people who offer the same work for $3/h, or at least claiming they can? Why is it so difficult to find work here in our neighbourhood? It’s not just being Australian only, but being local.

Business owners aren’t stupid. It’s a business decision in the end, outsourcing the work overseas or hire someone you can talk to or meet up when you want to. From my own experience very often you do get what you pay for though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.