Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Looking at becoming a Franchisee

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Obie
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am currently researching the commercial cleaning franchise systems on offer through the FCA website. The reason I am leaning toward a commercial cleaning business is due to the low start up costs, solid industry, and you get out what you put in (hard work actually pays off). I have never owned a business in the past and I have no cleaning experience. I am however a keen learner, and a hard worker with a never say die attitude.

I have read several posts of people who have started there cleaning business from the ground up. I would like to know how people find running there own biz within the commercial cleaning industry? If you could have done one thing differently from the start what would it have been? What has been some of the biggest challenges you have faced within this industry? and how did you overcome them? If you had a choice to walk away from the business right now would you? and why?

I feel a franchise, for me, is a good option as I have no prior experience with running a business and feel the training and support that can be offered by the right franchise will be a big help in ensuring I am still in 10 years time.

A fairly lengthy post for my first one, but I am keen to gain some knowledge and hopefully make the right decision when the time comes.

Cheers!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Obie,

Welcome to the forum, you are already on the right track by coming here to learn from others already in the industry.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Obie,

Welcome to the forums. We do have a number of very experienced cleaners around here, and I’m sure one or two of them will jump online to give you some advice.

All the best with your decision making!
    Jayne

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Although I’m not a fan of franchises, I think if your starting from scratch, it maybe the way to go.
    Times have changed since I started from scratch over 25 years ago and the economy is getting tougher. Cleaning pay rates have increased by some 6% in the last year or so and the competition is now becoming heated.
    With no experience going into a commercial cleaning situation is almost boardering on NO NO.
    So a franchise operation in this situation could be beneficial. Just read the fine print of the contract and make sure you are covered.
    The cleaning industry is becoming more difficult to get into because of government restrictions etc however once your in it can become one of the most lucrative business to be in.
    It is not rocket science, but an eye to detail and a willingness to put in that extra pays off.
    So sleep on it dont rush in but if you do and are successful you will have a very rewarding experience, and make some money as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.